Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

TO THE KINDER PARENTS.....

As I sit here on my 53rd birthday....
what (cough cough) 
as my brod in law would say,
my 30th anniversary of my 23rd birthday,
that sounds better, thanks Nonc Jay!
So I see on Facebook all the back to school pictures
I think of all the first time parents of Kindergarteners,
us having our own Bean starting on Wednesday....
Brought me back to a time back in the day....
When my own baby boy began Kinder.....
yep, I had gypsy who was 10 months
and I held her in my arms as he bravely kissed us
goodbye and climbed on the big yellow school bus 
for the very first time. My thoughts...
"OMG! He can't even see out the window, he is 
too small"
As I watched his little hand wave in the window that
showed only the top of his head.
As I turned so he could not see my tears,
my mind went to all the other things that had kept me
up at night....
"Who will show him where the bathroom is?"
"How will he know how to walk in a straight line
when for the last 5 years he has only held his 
Dad and I's and walked on our side?"
"Will he give trouble not to nap since he has
not napped since he was 4"
"How will he find his classroom?"
"What if he does not like the food?"
OH how our minds worry about our little ones
when they leave for the first time.
I am here to tell all you first time parents....
THEY WILL DO BETTER THAN YOU.
When I began school nursing and saw the process
teachers, paras and everyone go through to teach
the little ones the rules would have relieved all
those anxieties I remembered over 20 years before.
yet, even with all that being said,
you will worry, you will probably tear up...
you will think of them all day and wait
so anxiously for that same big yellow bus to bring them
home...
and you will be full of questions and the answer you will get?
I don't know or a shrug of the shoulders...
Happy first day to all you little ones,
and especially my favorite one, our Bean!
PS It DIDN'T GO AWAY IN THE 5 YEARS
BEFORE GYPSY BABY STARTED KINDER.....
SOOOOO beware... it will happen each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment