Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

My Godson becomes a Husband.

Today, this evening, in the beautiful state of Virginia,
my godson, Ricky, will become a husband,
to a wonderful woman he found while doing his Navy
life on Virginia Beach.
I am sad that I am not there yet I will be thinking
of them today and will be celebrating with them in a few
months when they come here to Louisiana.
 Above, gypsy baby and Rick at Lady of the Sea Easter
egg hunt. 
I always was afraid I just didn't do enough with him,
as I take this Nannie thing seriously.
Yet, If you ask him, he will brag about his Nannie.
He make me proud when I hear Nannie from him.
Having found the woman for him, One that will follow him
wherever his Navy career takes him and it is something
he has wanted for a long time, wanting to begin a life
with a wife at his side, hoping for children to call him DAd.

 ( he and his Mom and step Dad a few years ago)
His life along with his Mom's has not always been easy.
Before his step dad, Bryan came into the picture,
his Mom sometimes had three jobs so he could 
have all those extra things he needed,
biddy basketball weekends, Dixie youth baseball,
all stars he usually made, the shoes that he wanted
but really were costly for his Mom.
He never wanted for what he needed,
I tried to help when I could,
having him spend many days with me in the gyms 
because his Mom had to leave for work,
but she always made time for the games,
I don't think she missed many,
she has always been his biggest fan,
so proud of her baby boy no matter what he achieved.
Like all of us, he has not always made the smartest
decisions but has always learned from them.
His career in the Navy has found him finding
his place in the world, now with Sarah near him
he will soar. 
I love you Rick, will think of you all day
as you begin your life as a couple, no longer
just you to concern yourself with.
As I wrote to you in your love letter,
Words of wisdom for marriage bliss:

 1) NEVER FORGET THE LOVE YOU BOTH FEEL FOR EACH 
OTHER RIGHT NOW, IT WILL CARRY YOU TWO THROUGH
LOTS OF ROUGH SPOTS, AND THERE WILL BE
ROUGH SPOTS)
2) GIVING 50/50 IS NOT ENOUGH EACH MUST GIVE
100% FOR A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE.
3) WHEN YOU ARE WRONG, ADMIT IT,
WHEN YOU ARE RIGHT, SHUT UP! 
LOL
Love you my dear godson, I am so very proud of 
the man you have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment