Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

SUSAN BRANCH AND MARTHA'S VINEYARD

My head is jumbled with so much I want to blog and 
I don't want it to be confusing to my readers,
so let me try and put this in perspective....
I know and love Martha's Vineyard (MV)
because the Kennedy's loved it and have left 
so much history there.
I love MV because it is the type of VayCay 
of relaxation, writing, starting my art journaling,
I love this trip because the Besties will be with me.
But one of my main reasons is.......
SUSAN BRANCH!
I have always thought, when my book is done,
I want it to be in the Susan Branch way.
She used her own handwriting, with small drawn
pictures as well as photos to tell her stories.
Yesterday I get the book I have been wanting,
MARTHA'S VINEYARD, ISLE OF DREAMS
by yep, Susan Branch...
I went to bed late last night reading her book
all about the Island we are about to visit,
I am energized, energized about seeing 
all the things she writes about,
writing my own book,
beginning to journal in a different way,
making myself and the two besties
an art journal to bring with us,
Well so many things.
I text my Besties after sending them pictures of my book,
"Finally got my MV reading, one of my fave
authors, lives on MV now, I'm going find her,
if I get arrested for stalking will you girls get me out?"
One answers,
"Lil you can go knock on her door and run...."
I reply,
" If I knock I ain't running, I'm getting this book signed,
then they can handcuff me"
and the next text,
"You can go to jail, I am going to MV"
Well I know where I stand with the bestie's...
So, Susan Branch if ya not on the Island, I know what
your cottage looks like (yes, she calls her home a cottage,
just like me!) If you not home, I will just leave you a note,
if you still live there that is.
If ever you looking for a good read,
that makes your heart happy and see a different type of writing,
they type of author I want to be,
Pick up a book by Susan Branch, cheap on Ebay.
My very favorite,
"Girlfriends are Forever"
Might just have to see about getting the bestie copies,
but maybe not since they leaving me in jail! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment