Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL/WORK


Remember that feeling of going back to school
after summer break?
When all your clothes and school supplies were new.
When you couldn't wait to see who your new teacher was
you wondered if there would be new kids in your class.
You couldn't wait to see your friends and get
your new books?
Most times this lasted a day and then
you realized nothing really had changed.
School was just school and
you began to think about Thanksgiving holidays.
Well, today is my first day of school.
I am blessed to have that first day of school feeling
even at 45 (for three more days).
Sometimes I think there must be something wrong with me
that I love going back to work.
However, for me this is not a job.
It is a calling and it isn't even about being the school nurse.
It is about what God has prepared for me to do.
I am blessed that every day I get to do God's work
and am paid to do it!
Out there, at my school there are so many children
who don't get hugs, unconditional love, tough love.
I am there to give them those things.
Ronnie always tells me when I get upset about a certain
situation involving a child at my school,
"Lil, you can't change their life, they don't know how"
My answer is always the same.
"Yes, but one day they will grow up and maybe, just maybe
they will remember their school nurse and have
some idea what a parent is supposed to be like.
So, to all my nieces and nephews heading out to
school/work today,
pray for all the children in the world and remember:
YOU MAY BE THE ONLY GOD THAT THESE KIDS EVER SEE
Love to all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment