Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

PGP

They say that if you do something daily for two weeks
it will become a habit.
Lately, I have gotten used to coming home
after work and lay on my bed to watch TV.
Then for the rest of the evening I do nothing.
This is not me and the whole time
I am lying there I am telling myself
I really need to get up and do something.
So yesterday as I am walking,
I am thinking about work and
how my Professional Growth Plans are due.
Better known as PGP, it is a plan
each individual must do in the school system.
Two areas are picked that you want to work
on and you plot out just how you expect to do this.
When evaluation comes around,
you have to bring your documentation on how
you achieved this and you are evaluated on
your results.
This began me thinking,
What I need to get out of my afternoon funk,
is a PGP that I will call a
PERSONAL GROWTH PLAN
I will track my progress by journaling my observations.
So I am working on my own
PGP,
What about you, are you in need of your own
Personal Growth Plan?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I like this one, Lil! It is true. I have tried to change things this new school year. I am leaving on time as much as possible instead of staying for 1 1/2 hour later like I did before. I am trying to put my family first and spend more time with them. I am trying to create balance. That way, we can do homework and activities (and finish at a decent time). I will be a happier person and make my family happier also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My PGP plan sucks eggs! It's been going on now for about 20 years! I've been personally growing and it needs to stop ... too much belly!

    ReplyDelete