Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

CONFIRMATION TIME

Tonight, my religion girls confirm at
St. John church here in Plaquemine.
I have been their religion teacher for two years
and we have shared so much with each other.
I am so very proud of each one of them
as it would have been easier for them to just drop 
and yet we promised each other I would stay with them
if they would stay with me. So, tonight,
I will proudly hold my head up and maybe
even shed a few tears as they make this big milestone in
their faith. 
On Saturday, I will also be the sponsor for my
dear godchild, Tedi-girl as she confirms in our 
family church of Our Lady Of Prompt Succor in 
Golden Meadow. It will remind me of the very day
we baptized her and I became her Nannie.
Things have been just a tad hard for her this last
year and yet, she remains firm in her faith
and I will stand proudly next to her as she
becomes an adult in the eyes of the Catholic church.
I love you Tedi, so honored that you have chosen
me to stand beside you on such an important day.

No comments:

Post a Comment