Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

There you are, Christmas!

On Wednesdays I try my best to pick up Bean
at her school. Yesterday when getting in the car
there was Christmas music playing so she asked for my
favorite. I explained that my very favorite was 
from the Movie Grinch,
WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS
I put it on and as we sang, i explained the words to her.
That was it, now she wanted to hear it three
times on the way to her home.
As I listened, sang and explained,
I realized, this was my Christmas at first.
Then my dear, very close friend,
insisted on buying me a real tree saying,
"I know this is going to be a hard one for you and
your little family, so I am getting you a live tree
and that he did!


 It made all the difference in the world,
with Bean and I's village she plays with under.
Back to the song,

Where are you Christmas?
Why can't I find you?
Why have you gone away?
Where is the laughter?
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play?

My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too?

Where are you Christmas?
Do you remember
The one you used to know?
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go?

Oh, Christmas is here
Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here
If you care, oh

If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time

I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas?
Fill your heart with love

I realized this has been my transformation from last Christmas
to this one. It has been a rough year but all is well and
we are all finding ourselves in our new roles
and I am happy,
Yes, I have found Christmas, in the hearts of two 
little girls who call me Mumsie
and a friend who knows what I need even when I do not.                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment