Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

I SAW IT....

Yes, yesterday myself and my new pal, Cat,
we saw AMERICAN SNIPER.
Now more than ever, I best not hear that this man
was not a hero. He was a hero and it changed him.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
STOP READING HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE\
END OF THE MOVIE!!!
Few things I did not know,
I did not know that the movie,
based on the book by the same name, American Sniper
was written about the man who the movie is portrayed by,
Chris Kyle.
There is so much hype in the media about the fake babies
that were used in the movie, yes its obvious
that while Chris and his wife are talking,
the baby they are carrying around is fake
but don't let that distract you from the movie.
I read of this before I left and the reasons
they used fake babies,
it's because the laws where the movie was filmed
are so strict on infant acting that it was easier
for the short time, to use a mechanical baby.
I also did not know the movie would end the 
way it did.
Chris Kyle,  finally after 5 tours is home,
it takes him months maybe years to get
his life back. 
The scene leaves you with him finally showing
signs of normal towards his kids and wife,
he is planning to go shooting at the range with
another war veteran who suffers from PTSD
(post traumatic stress disorder)
You see, this hero, Chris Kyle, did not
stop being a hero as a civilian,
he continued to help war veterans who suffered.
He kisses his wife goodbye with a promise
of a romantic night, You are so relieved 
that after all he has done he is finally with his 
family, he is going to be okay.
He walks out to greet a young man who 
looks definitely troubled, they talk of
going to the shooting range.
The movie ends with this.
Then on the big black screen you read
CHRIS KYLE WAS SHOT THAT DAY AT THE SHOOTING RANGE.
I could not wait to get in Cat's car to google.
Sure enough, he was shot dead at point blank range
by the same young man who he was trying to help.
Another hero of this war.
It is a must see movie, and as I laid in my bed
last night thinking of this movie,
I realize the young man who killed him,
yes he was wrong but he was also a hero/victim of this war.
Chris Kyle could have been the one
who came home to suffer the way this young man did.
He sits in a prison, as he should, but he
is not the only one guilty for this crime.
A long, overdue to end war, it is guilty too.
deep thoughts here in this Riera mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment