Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ANYBODY EVER HEARD OF NORMAN VINCENT PEALE?

Let me inform you guys this morning.
Norman Vincent Peale was an inspirational author
who wrote way back in the 1950's books on living happy.
My friend, Tanial turned me on to his writings about
7 years ago and I am now a fan of a man who
is now dead for many years.
I own three of his books all rolled into one
with the titles being:
THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
THE POSITIVE PRINCIPLE OF TODAY
ENTHUSIASM MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Had to buy this on ebay because I don't
believe his books are in publication anymore.
Yet what he writes is sound advice for all
no matter how young or old you are.
He grounds me into knowing exactly what
type of life I can have and reminds me that
ultimately it is my choice.
So today I would like to share with you all his
formula for:
MAKING ANY DAY GOOD
1) THINK A GOOD DAY- to make a good day, first see
it good in consciousness. Do not allow any mental
reservations that it will not be good. Events are largely
governed by creative thought, so a positive concept of the
day will strongly tend to condition it to be as imagined.
2) THANK A GOOD DAY- give thanks in advance for the good
day ahead. Thank and affirm a good day.
This helps make it so.
3) PLAN A GOOD DAY-specifically and definitely know
what you propose to do with the day.
Plan your work and work your plans.
4) PUT GOOD INTO THE DAY- Put bad thoughts, bad attitudes,
bad actions into the day and it will take on bad characteristics.
Put good thoughts, good attitudes, good actions into the day
and the will make the day good.
5) PRAY A GOOD DAY- Begin each day with that powerful
affirmation from Psalm 118:24: "This is the day that
the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it."
Start the day with prayer and finish it the same way.
Then it is bound to be good even if it brings tough experiences.
6) FILL THE DAY WITH ENTHUSIASM- Give the day all
you've got and it will give you all it's got, which will be plenty.
Enthusiasm will make a big difference in any day and in any job.

So today, this is what I share with you,
old Norman Vincent Peale
and wishing all a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the man already.... here's my favorite quote from him ... "Be interesting, be enthusiastic... and don't talk too much."

    ReplyDelete