Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

thanksgiving holidays begin after today

Before I begin my blog,
picture is of me and our school granny taken at
school, she is in her mid 70's and still works everyday!!!
My job as a school nurse can be very challenging
but it is the very best job for me.
Today I focus on the glorious 9 days off I will
have after finishing my day today.
To be able to feel that excitement of a week off of school
at my age is the bomb.
Remember being a little child,
the day before holiday or summer vacation?
The excitement you felt just thinking
of no homework, no going to bed early,
waking up early,
all routines could be blown because
"SCHOOL WAS OUT"
Excitement is in the air at my school.
Kids are being happy,
coworkers are counting down the hours
knowing we are coming back
for just three weeks before
Christmas holiday is even exciting.
Pray for the little children who are not so happy.
Who's lives are easier by coming to school
because school is a safe place
where they get two hot meals,
hugs when they need it,
discipline when they need it,
Where many care about their future.
Pray for our schools also
for those children who enter it
angry and ill, who try to make it an unsafe place
just because they hate their lives and
want others to pay for it.
Pray for us who daily are a part of all these
children's lives.
Help us all to focus on what is really important
and help us to do the right thing in each
individual situation.
It is hard sometimes to see the things that
some children must face daily.
Things that even we as adults, couldn't do.
Be thankful for the children you get to
take home at the end of the day,
of those that you call family.
Don't hate me because I have 9 days off,
what, you say?
I said:
DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I HAVE 9 DAYS OFF!!!!!!!
ooooh, the green eye of jealousy is not becoming
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha


10 comments:

  1. What's say we pray for the cure as well. You got us all fired up for a week off then you bring to the pits by asking us to pray for relief of sadness .............. hell let's pray for a cure of stupidity that works in a constant cycle that brings on the sadness.... that's what we should pray for .... a cure. YEP..I'm back and clack-a-lackin....(if you don't know Marty on Madagascar than the term will swish over your hair)....Ellen knows Marty! And Mellman and Gloria and Alex .... and so does Dad and Mom and brothers and sister b/c we only watch it daily. Just remember .... I'm crack-a-lackin and pray ... NAY I SAY .. WORK for the cure. Off I go into the wild blue yonder! To my wife... DADDY'S COMIN HOME with the baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lady in the picture looks like and reminds me of Aunt Mae Mae. And, once again I agree with Anon. Find the cure for the sickness in the world. Anon., we would all appreciate an update on Hugh John please? Glad ya'll are all gonna be together again soon!!
    Love ya all,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! I am no jealous yet, because I am off for a little while. Does anyone have a job for me in the meantime?
    Love you,
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ---- Well, hell that's a lot of praying. While we're at it why don't we also pray for a new Preident,Vice President and a cure for all our country's problem. I tell you what, You do all the praying and when I talk to God I'll just say Ditto for me to.(LOL)

    ----- Congradulations on your time off. I'll only be off for 4 and 1/2 days. But that's good enough for me. Give me extra time to learn my computer. Cheryl and I love our new computers and Windows 7.

    ----- Mikie, give us an update on Hugh John. I sure hope all is going better for him and your whole family. I know it's rough. But look at the bright side, ya'll have a lot of folks praying for ya'll. And I don't mean just Ditto but actually talking to God on ya'lls behalf.

    ----- Later,
    --- Peter/DPOPPA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugh is fine as wine and ready to tackle the world.... and in the immortal words of Forrest Gump .... "that's all I've got to say about that"

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY MONE! NICE TO HAVE YOU ABOARD! YOU WILL LOVE THIS.

    L Y'LL
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nannie, you got it!!! You got it!!!! Your gonna love this. Hope to see you at Bingo tonight.
    Love,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. mone!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of us still go to work and some of us still wait to read a blog.....but for that to work you need to actually blog..... Taunte Mone is getting bored already.... hell-oh.

    ReplyDelete