Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

LAY LOW, LET IT GO

I have a few sayings that i like to use,
my favorite being,
FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT
I learned this one at alanon many years ago.
Made to remind us that
your attitude is up to you.
If I am unhappy, tired, aggravated,
I say aloud,
FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT
Yesterday while at work,
I hear one of our older teachers
who is coming up to retirement say:
LAY LOW, LET IT GO
Well this one stuck with me and I just know
it will become one of my favorites.
What does this mantra say to me?
I don't have to control issues
and I don't have to be the leader all the time
to make things right.
I can learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes
and let it go.
Especially when it doesn't involve me.
Sometimes I want to be righteous and fix
things that aren't really my business.
Sometimes I get my feelings hurt and can sulk
forgetting that some things are not made to
be taken personal.
If I
LAY LOW AND LET IT GO
I will realize that the world is not out to get me.
If I am truly honest,
I must realize that to the world,
I am not important enough to be out to get me.
So I will now live by this motto
I will be a happier person.
Thanks Debbie for stating this
simple fact.

2 comments:

  1. GOOD WORDS, LIL!

    UPDATE ON HUGHBE ON YOUR BLOG CONCERNING HIM!

    L Y'LL
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. words of wisdom... spoken well at that. i'll try 2 keep this in mind. love u

    ReplyDelete