Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

IF IT AINT ONE THING IT'S ANOTHER...

I have decided that if I don't do one thing, I must do another.
I am a person who must be inspired or I tend to get lazy.
Yes, you heard it, I can be lazy.
What inspires me?
Well walking and listening to music does it.
However, there are days that I just can't walk.
On those days, my head is not as positive as I'd like it.
I don't write like I want to,
I don't use my thoughts like I should.
I tend to want to focus on the negative instead of the positive.
It's not the way I like to roll.
Background to this story is that
Chase's grandmother, Mrs. Sue called me on Monday
to ask me if I knew if and when the relic
of Mary Magdalen was coming to St. Genevieve church.
I was embarrassed to say I didn't know,
embarrassed because this is my church and I should have known.
Embarrassed because Jesus' best friends thigh bone
will be at my church and I didn't know!!!!!!!
I have been lax in my church going or taking the fast way out
by going with Mommee at the manor.
Because I promised to find out and call her yesterday
and because I couldn't walk yesterday and had
plenty of time, I decided to go to church that morning.
I did find out for Mrs. Sue that the
relic of Mary Magdalen is in fact going to be at
St. Genevieve from 1:30pm to 9:30pm today
(in case you are interested in visiting)
but I found out oh, so much more!
I stand there in my newly renovated church and realize
I need the ritual of my catholic faith to be the
person I want to be.
Not because I believe attending church gets me closer
to God, a better place in heaven.
I don't even believe you have to attend church to be
the most faithful person.
I do believe it is something I need in my life,
because I love the place, I know I am a better
person when I attend, it inspires me,
nourishes me to give back to others in the way
I want to.
By beginning my day by taking the focus off myself
and praying for others I am a better person.
Right there, in this beautiful church,
I make a promise not to God because really,
He loves me no matter what,
but to myself:
If it ain't gunna be one thing then it'll have to be another...
So if I find myself not being able to physically exercise,
then I will have to either exercise spiritually or mentally.
You ask, ( okay maybe you didn't ask but you are going
to hear it anyway) How will I mentally exercise?
By either journaling, reading something,
learning something, creating something.
I must exercise:
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, OR SPIRITUAL EXERCISE.
One or the other, no more excuses,
no more laziness!
Love to all and do some form of exercise today!

3 comments:

  1. So what you were saying is you were Miss Naga?? If I recall wasn't it one of your kids you'd call Naga when they were negative... I hope I'm right b/c if I'm not then there goes my pride and joy memory. IT WAS ROD YOU'D CALL MR. NAGA... THAT'S MY FINAL ANSWER!... the ole memory is still kicking. Anyway you're right.. we are creatures of habit and we need the structure to keep the boats a float... not to be a stickler for details but the paper said it was her shin.. ooops. Here's my take what you said about ritual... do it and do it well b/c you don't want to go to hell on a technicality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. evidently whatever body part is coming, she is delayed just found out she won't be at St. Genevieve until 6pm. guess she just isn't as fast as she used to be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Mikie I used to call Rod that because I couldn't stand kids who whined, still don't like it and thankfully both learned really quick that if you wanted something from momma you better just say it, whining won't work and thankfully they have both grown up to not whine,
    they may tell you they hate you, they may tell you you're wrong, they may use foul language to get there point across, but rarely will you hear them whine, I am quite proud of that...

    ReplyDelete