Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Where might you be, sister chain??

Us DTB Peeps believe in prayer to certain
Saints to help us, no we Catholics do not
"PUT OTHER GODS BEFORE THEE"
As some believe, but I do believe
that our Saints are there to intercede,
help God with certain things.
So I see this prayers to St. Anthony,
He is the Saint for loss items....
Prayer to St. Anthony for lost items
St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find (name the lost item) which has been lost. 
At least restore to me peace and tranquillity of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. To this favor, I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. 
Amen.
~~~~~~
So when I moved to the Cottage, 
I had lots of movers, painters in and out,
I somehow, l lost my sister chain,
Now the sister chain is a big deal,
and not a day goes by that I don't wonder
where in the heck it is and each time I open something
that I have not opened in some time, I hope that
there will be my sister chain.
History:
When we were kids, My Mom had a charm bracelet,
it had each of us children a charm with out name
and date of birth on it,
Before Dementia took over her life,
she had the bracelet separated and each of us 
received our charms on a chain and each 
time us sisters got together we wore our sister chain.
The loss of this chain really has been  a sad thing for me.
I can't think of the fact that maybe someone took that 
chain from my home, yet I have searched and searched,
spoke to everyone I know to see if I left it somewhere
and after almost a year, I still have not been able to find
my most treasured possession from my Mom.
I am almost even jealous of my sisters who still
have theirs. 
So today, I will begin saying this prayer daily.
I know if this charm ever come back to me,
I will cry....
The last gift I had gotten from my Mom and
the one thing I and my sisters shared and wore
proudly. I think, right now....
Where are you, Lillian chain, this very minute!
Come on St. Anthony, bring my charm 
back to me!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, this is kinda weird. As I was reading your post, a picture popped into my head of a table with several pastel colored shoe boxes filled with ribbons and lace and bobbins and whatnot.
    And I thought, "the chain is in one of those boxes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm who is this last anonymous post person??

    ReplyDelete