Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

....AND THE FUTURE???

My GYPSY BABY, well she often amazes me.
Lately I have had a few lonely days, missing being her Momma
when she was young and HAD to see me everyday, I mean
she was my underage child back in the day.
ANNNYYYWWWWAAAAYYYY
Back to the blog...
We both follow HUMANS OF NEW YORK on Instagram,
and often are touched by the same things,
but Gypsy is more of a realist than I, who is more of a dreamer....
Today I see on her wall, this post from an Instagram "Humans of NY"
and she posts:
MY HEART


Like This Page · 13 hrs 
 

“My wife passed away last January. We’d been married for 62 years. You caught me at a time when I’ve been thinking a lot about love because I’m reading Shakespeare’s sonnets. The definition of love is elusive, which is why we write about it endlessly. Even Shakespeare couldn’t touch it. All the greatest love stories just seem to be about physical attraction. Romeo and Juliet didn’t know if they liked the same books or movies. It was just physical. After 62 years, it becomes something different entirely. My wife used to say: ‘We are one.’ And believe me, she was not the type of person to overstate something. Now that she’s gone, I realize how right she was. So much of our lives were linked. We were very physical and affectionate. But we also shared every ritual of our life. I miss her every time I leave a movie and can’t ask for her opinion. Or every time I go to a restaurant and can’t give her a taste of my chicken. I miss her most at night. We got in bed together at the same time every night.”


I tear up a tad, because, !) that my GYPSY BABY
has such a soft spot for older people, as do I.
2) Because my girl wants in love, the same thing I 
am looking for in love.
Because of her most beautiful share, I realize
that only this kind of love will ever make me committed again.
Even in my marriage, I was independent, Ron working away
lots while I raised the kiddo's. We had many good years,
but I think it is fair to say, we didn't have this.
We were merely children when we got together,
how could we ever know whom we would be in our 50's.
Yes, we are divorced and yes, we are amicable.
We are, I would say, friends, as we both realize
after a few bitter years, we really just grew up 
to be two people wanting different things.
So, back to Gypsy Baby's post.
Because I am very independent and liking my own company,
I am completely content living alone for the remainder of my life,
BUT, BUT, BUT....
If I am fortunate to find the love that is spoken about 
in the interview of this elderly man in his late 80's,
I probably would give the whole love things a shot once again.
I know I guard my heart from love these days.
I love dating and meeting new people but I 
know what I am looking for and in that paragraph,
it is written as if I would have shared it from my 
own heart. Thanks, Gypsy Baby for sharing such
a beautiful writing. Thank you for being MY GYPSY BABY
and reminding me of what is the most important in life,
not money, not fame, but love, real live love....
I pray you and KAYSHARA, SHARA can say this 
70 years from now and I pray that somewhere in 
my future, not knowing how long that may be or take,
I can find this and settle for nothing less.
Also, thanks, thanks, for unblocking my blogging block.
I think I am finding it again,
my blog talent...
I love you my dear, dear child!
and as a "New friend" of mine has shared
" WHO WANTS TO SEE ROME ALONE"




1 comment:

  1. So eloquently stated and I agree 100%. I know what I want in a relationship but not sure it really exists. And, like you, I'm perfectly happy spending the rest of my life alone if not found. Love ya, Tiffy

    ReplyDelete