Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

ALZHEIMERS, NO LAUGHING MATTER

I love Will Ferrel, have loved his work
since the older days of Saturday Night Live.
However, this morning I am not so proud
to admit I am a fan of his.
I read and see on the news that he is
producing and starring in a movie
I think titled simply REAGAN.
I am Reagan fan as well
which makes me very disappointed in Will 
for making a comedy about something
as serious and sad as
Alzheimers and dementia.
Of course, the move is not out so not
many of us know exactly how he will
make this comedy but like the Reagan 
children have expressed to Ferrell.
"THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY, NOTHING
ABOUT ALZHEIMERS AND/OR DEMENTIA"
And I agree. Ferrel has been known to play
many Presidents on SNL over the years,
even having imitated Reagan in his well days.
Yet, I know that once Ronald Reagan became
sick with Alzheimers, his love and wife of 
many years,  Nancy did everything, everything
to assure that our President Reagan would
never be seen sickly nor be seen out where
others could see his decline in health, 
the days he did not know who his family was,
did not know who even "his Nancy" was.
Now Nancy is dead, reunited with "her Ronnie"
and Will Ferrel decides to write a comedy 
on Reagan. Hmmm what timing,
making sure Nancy was gone before 
putting this movie out there.
Again, I don't know how the movie will
be portrayed but having had a Mother
with Dementia, I am taking offense to a man
with as much money as he needs, can
make any movie he wants, he chooses
the Reagan's. Yes, you Reagan children,
there is absolutely nothing funny of Alzheimers or dementia.
My love for Ferrel has dropped a few notches.
I have a feeling if Nancy were still alive,
1) this movie would not be being made or advertised
and 
2) Cowards wait until those who defend the sickly are
dead to do their portrayal of a man who can no longer
defend himself.
ADDENDUM TO THIS POST!
I HAVE BEEN TOLD AND READ THAT
WILL FERRELL HAS PULLED PRODUCTION  
ON THIS PROJECT,
NOW THAT IS THE WILL I KNOW AND LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment