Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

"ENJOY LIFE, THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME TO BE DEAD"

For the last year I am infatuated with a magazine called
FLOW.  Although it is fairly new to the US ofA,
it is not a new publication. 
I love it because each published copy monthly focuses
on one thing that we all need to think about.
It is a paper crafters dream as well as it has
lots of ideas and lessons for crafting.
Last night, I pull an older magazine to revisit.
That month the whole topic was to slow down,
enjoy life.
Then the sentence:
'ENJOY YOUR LIFE, THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME
TO BE DEAD"
hans christian anderson
Lately I have thought a lot about life after this.
To the point that some nights as I lay to sleep 
I fear it. What does happen when this life is over?
Will my children, grandchildren miss me lots or
just a tad?"
"Will they throw all my treasures I have collected my whole life
away or sell them at a garage sale????"
Yet, the one sentence,
Enjoy life...... enjoy life, enjoy life...
Lately I have been trying to do just that,
work in the studio, write, craft,
getting a few job orders again.
I am content when I am in my studio.
There is so much rush in the world of today
that I am fortunate I was able to retire young,
so I can enjoy life freely.
Someone recently tried telling me that being alone sucks.
I thought of that a lot. I may never find myself
remarried but I am far from alone.
Yesterday I did just what the one sentence dictates.
I played in the studio then Baby boy came to do a few
honey do projects for me, bringing Tuts with him.
It was, by far, one of the best afternoons I have had in some time.
So my new motto for my life,
ENJOY LIFE, THERE IS PLENTY TIME TO BE DEAD

1 comment: