Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

ANOTHER TRANSPORTATION POST!

Not sure why, but lately all my ideas of blogging
have me transported to childhood, mine in particular.
Last night while laying to sleep, I am thinking of 
our family home and how untraditional my
childhood was. For instance, my dad stayed home
and my Mom worked. Untraditional for the 60's.
My Dad built our family home way before I was
ever thought of, it was big and by the time I came
around, a little run down. My Mom and Dad were
not true hoarders but they did have some traits,
It's just that some things were not important to them.
For instance, Last night I was remembering the 
wall drawings.... Yes, my parents allowed us
to write and draw on the walls. That is what
consumes my thoughts last night....
What kind of parents allows their children to write
on the walls of their home, not me for sure.
Yet, it says a lot about what my parents were
like by the time the three youngest of 7
came along. I think my sister, Rosie, 8 years older
than me, was the first to be able to play
Michalangelo. Celena and I just followed,
we always followed her.....
Last night I remember where I phone was, we only 
had one and it had a cord, yes, children, a cord....
on the wall there I was allowed to write all
the phone number I and my family needed.
I mean what better place to write phone numbers,
beat writing it on paper and loosing it.
I can't remember ever getting fussed for writing
on walls... Crazy, right?
Upstairs, my parents rarely came.
Sister Rosie not only had black light posters everywhere
but had also painted the words to 
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN 
right there on her wall.
Yes, it was very unconventional but such a happy 
happy place to grow up.

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. I remember the wall writings! So funny that, at the time, seemed perfectly normal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. I remember the wall writings! So funny that, at the time, seemed perfectly normal!!

    ReplyDelete