Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

LAFONT FAMILY UPDATES

I have put the happenings of my dear Lafont kiddo's on the back burner
for far too long.
Jack and Cindy's boys are growing up so fast,
their youngest, dancing queen, Malaina as sweet as ever
and also growing so fast, don't tell her though,
she definitely does not want to grow up.
Back to the boys:
Darcy, on the left is going to be a senior next school year,
his big bro. Jrew graduated a few nights ago.
His mother's text to me on that night, along
with a picture of the big event only stated,
"HE DID IT"
I know what that means as this child is not
one who ever thought school was ver important
to his lifestyle, yeah it had to be done,
but was not top on his priority list.
The fact that on awards night he received the
DUSTY RICHADELLE MEMORIAL AWARD
is a high honor on our little bayou of Lafourche.
Dusty was a young man in our area who died
in a car accident and his family and high school
friends have kept his spirit alive by providing scholarships
to those who choose the work force instead of college.
Dusty had done just that and was making his mark
in the carpentry world of our little bayou.
There are not many scholarships out there for those
young adults who choose career over college.
That Jrew was a recipient of this award is honorable.
WE are all so proud of him and have no doubt
that he will be successful in his lifetime.

Then there is brother Darcy, oh my, just
not enough can be said of this child.
He may be the middle child but displays
none of those negative beliefs that are placed
upon middle children.
This child bleeds self esteem.
He adores his family most especially his dad.
He confirmed also in the last few weeks,
so loves his God. I can't say enough to
have my readers know what this boy is
to so many. Funny, loves to cook, loves
to do things to make his Mom's life easier.
I just adore him. Having been just a year
younger than his big brother in school,
you would wonder if it is hard to walk in 
the shadow of an older sibling. Not this boy,
he walks in no ones shadow.
You know that saying from RALPH WALDO EMERSON
DO NOT GO WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD,
GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH
AND LEAVE A TRAIL.
Yeah, that one, well it could have
Darcy Lafont's name behind that quote
I cannot be near this child without leaving
with my cheeks  hurting from laughing so much.
Yep, I adore him.

….and then, last but not least,
our dear, sweet Malaina, I call her Meme…
Her mothers heart, came to the Lafont family
at a time when most would have hung up the baby days.
Her mother, she so wanted another child, a girl especially,
she got the best of the best.
A sensitive, beautiful daughter whose talent lies
in her dancing. To watch her dance is mesmerizing.
She works so hard in school and this year has
been a good one for her.
I am so glad that her Mommy keeps me updated on
all she achieves, this school year awards:
SS FAIR, FIRST PLACE
FRENCH AWARD
D.A.R.E. AWARD,
LA. SCHOOL BOARD ARE AWARD
PERFECT ATTENDANCE
FACULTY LIST
One little girl, so many achievements and that last one,
Faculty list, she worked hard for.
With all the changes in my own life right now,
hearing the progress of these three children
who call me Aunt Lil keeps me on the positive side.
ex. hubby has very little family he is close to
so I am so glad through the years, Cindy and I have
stayed close and she allows me to be a part of these babies lives.
My children and this little family are the things I am 
glad I get to keep when separating a married life
of thirty years. 
Love you all my Lafont kiddo's!

No comments:

Post a Comment