Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Finally the time is here...

WATCH OUT WORLD...
OR THE TOWN OF LACOMBE LOUISIANA!
The Collins family are gathering for a family reunion!
Sooo excited to see all my first cousins, extended cousins,
aunts today as we gather in the name of my Daddy's family.
Last time we did this was when we gathered in my old
home of Golden Meadow for the 50th wedding anniversary
for my Dad's baby sister, Aunt Jeannie and her beau 
Uncle Roy:

 One of the many reasons we have to do this not only today
but hopefully more often is out of my Daddy's family,
above, already two are gone on to the next world,
My mom on the far left and my Aunt Nan TaTa, 
4th from left. Time, it is a'ticking and we
need to slow down our fast paced life to play with 
the cousins....
Yep, these are the cousins, only first cousins... and that is 
not all of them.. The Collins family believed in lots of kids,
Knowing them, would not be surprised if they had a 
competition in their baby making days to see who could have more.
Today, not only the aunts and Uncles, first cousins, second cousins
and on and on and on, with their spouses and their own children...
Oh what a day it will be. An added bonus for me?
Baby boy called yesterday to see if I still wanted to
bring Bean with me... heck yeah!!!!
Tiffany, my niece came sleep last night so us three
girls will be trecking to Lacombe this am.
We don't need a reason to gather, really we don't.
Yet this one is special. My cousin Fay is celebrating
the remission and end of her cancer treatments for
lung cancer!
So, as my wonderful Bono would sing with U2
"IT'S GUNNA BE A GOOD DAY, A GOOD DAY,
A GOOD, GOOD DAY"
Thanks to all my Griffin cousins for pulling this one off!

No comments:

Post a Comment