Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween is one of the days of the year that I miss my
babies being young.
Many memories of Tarpon Heights Halloween
come back every year.
This year I did what I have done for the last 5 years
while living on Lee Drive,
Locked up the house, shut off the lights
and hid.
Trick or treating is not safe in my neighborhood.
(I thought i had no pictures of BG in her famous lion king
suit but here is one!)
But back in the days of Tarpon Heights,
it was a block party every year.
Our whole family came over for hotdogs and homemade chili
made by me and all it costed was bags of candy
because in Tarpon Heights, everyone trick or treated.
It was not unusual to give over 400 grab bags.
All the neighbors had their own block parties
and it was a time that everyone visited and it was fantastic!
It is one of the few things I miss about the younger days.

3 comments:

  1. Lil, I was thinking about your parties last night and how much I miss those days. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent William and CA off to a safe neighborhood and I stayed home and got NO TorT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris and I went trick or treat behind the old Walmart last night...just isn't the same but was still fun!!

    ReplyDelete