Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

honey crisp apples

Finding out that my favorite fruit, bananas,
are the absolute worst for weight,
especially if they are covered in chocolate,
wasn't good news for me.
When Dr. P. said I could have all the fruits I want
except for bananas, my face fell.
A few weeks ago, my friend, Donna gave me
a few slices of a honey crisp apple.
I am not a big fan of apples and the common,
red, juicy, apples are never chosen as a fruit for me.
Yet, these honey crisp apples are to die for!
I have found a replacement for
Dianna's chocolate covered frozen baby bananas,
it is honey crisp apples dipped in peanut butter.
Yes, I know peanut butter has a ton of fat,
but it is the good fat and peanut butter is an energy booster
so all is good.
Last night, I actually had a craving for apples and peanut butter
and that has never happened before over chocolate ice cream
in a cone.

2 comments:

  1. Someone recently told me about the honey crisp apples.. they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apples and peanut butter are a favorite snack of my sister's and you know how she has slimmed down of late!

    ReplyDelete