Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

A FATHERS LOVE

Fathers day is around the corner, just
a few days away. 
Yesterday I was approached to make a fathers day
frame for a friend of Kd's mom.
Kd asks if I can make it similar to one I had made for
Baby Boy on his first fathers Day.
It is what I will work on today.
Kd sends me a picture of the one
I had made for BB as I can't remember
and there, on that frame is this most beautiful poem
I had forgotten about:
A FATHERS LOVE
BEFORE YOU WERE CONCEIVED
I WANTED YOU.
BEFORE YOU WERE BORN,
I LOVED YOU.
BEFORE YOU WERE HERE AN HOUR
I WOULD DIE FOR YOU.
THIS IS THE MIRACLE OF LIFE.
This is the way a Mother feels also.
Yes, both my babies are adults,
I am reminded of that often lately.
Yet, when I look at them, it is
not the adults I see but the same babies
I rocked to sleep, nurtured to be
who they are today. It makes me sad
to think that not all children are loved like this,
the way it should be.
I would give my life for either of these two who
call me Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment