Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

COURAGE TO CHANGE...

It's the name of one of my daily reading books,
One of my alanon favorites,
COURAGE TO CHANGE
I am finding that courage day by day.
Yesterday my neighbor friend, Linda and I 
took an adventure from the Plaquemine ferry to
the other end of Baton Rouge, very interesting
and learned how to save lots of time to get 
to the outlet mall. As good as this was,
her company, her friendship was the much
needed better part of the day.
We ate at PF Chang's and she listened while
i talked of this new life I am trying to build.
Today, I found myself energized by the prospect
of a new home, one I can call mine and only mine.
All these ideas I have always wanted to pursue and
never did because the support was not there from
Ronnie. He liked things to stay neat, tidy, clean,
never moving. I abided by that because it was what was
best for us. Now I only have myself to answer to 
and it has pro's that I am just beginning to realize
that are now open to me.
The world is mine, no one to answer to.
So Last night, I decide it is time for a meeting of Alanon
and, just as it happens often, something is read
that hits home for the exact things I was thinking
and sharing with Linda today.
…CREATIVITY IS A POWERFUL WAY
TO CELEBRATE WHO WE ARE.
IT IS A SPIRITUAL ENERGY THAT 
NOURISHES OUR VITALITY. IT IS A WAY
TO REPLACE NEGATIVE THINKING WITH 
POSITIVE ACTION…
CREATIVE ENERGY IS WITHIN US AND ALL
AROUND US ALL…
WHEN WE CREATE, WE PLANT
OURSELVES FIRMLY IN THE MOMENT
WE TEACH OURSELVES THAT WHAT
WE DO MATTERS.
TODAY, I WILL MAKE USE OF THE
PRECIOUS GIFTS OF IMAGINATION.
THUS I WILL TURN AWAY FROM
NEGATIVITY, SELF-DOUBT, AND FEAR,
AND CELEBRATE LIFE INSTEAD.
A great meeting and when I got home, instead
of going to bed and read, I entered my most
awesome scrapbook room and created.
Created something I can be proud of,
something that Bean and I will complete today
for her Fathers day gift for her daddy.
My mind is full of ideas of selling this home
to get another that is for me, of classes
I want to teach to children, art lessons, scrapbook
lessons, cooking classes, etiquette classes.
Not to mention, selling my talents that I so enjoy
to make. Just this Fathers Day I have made 
close to one hundred dollars selling my crafts, 
my talents. I have these grand ideas of sharing
my talents with others, birthday parties where scrapbooking
can take place. I am a survivor, always have been,
looking at this new life with only positive eyes 
on the prize. It is going to be a good life,
I will remember this when days are not all as good 
as yesterday. Thanks for visiting this site
as I prepare to transform into the best 
50 year old Mumsie I can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment