Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

I HAVE LEARNED...

I own this book called:
THE COMPLETE LIVE AND LEARN
AND PASS IT ON
-jackson brown,Jr.
It is just filled with small quotes by people of
different ages, from all walks of life who have
been asked the question, "What have you learned"
It is so interesting to hear the responses from different
ages, different back grounds and realize that many
of us have learned the same things and just never 
really think of it. A new friend of mine, says I 
think too much…. maybe I do, but it's been like that
for a long time and I can't see it changing anytime soon.
Want to share a few of these quotes, as the book
is tagged and highlighted just about everywhere…
I'VE LEARNED:
THAT IF YOUR CHILDREN FEEL SAFE, WANTED
AND LOVED, YOU ARE A SUCCESSFUL PARENT.
I want to think I did good in this department and
I know that BB and kd are making the same mark
on their baby girls.
"…THAT YOU CAN TEACH YOURSELF ANYTHING
BY READING. age 78
Yes, my dear friends, who don't like to read,
there are many benefits to the habit.
"I'VE LEARNED THAT WHEN MOMMY AND DADDY
SHOUT AT EACH OTHER, IT SCARES ME. age5
This one nearly brought me to tears.
I hope there were not too many fights in our home
as the babies grew up to have them feel this way but
both of my very own babies, who will tell you 
they had good and happy childhoods will also tell
you that on the rare occasions we did fight they
cried. For those of you who have young kids, keep 
that quote from a 5 year old very close to your heart.
"… THAT I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED BEING TOO
GENEROUS, BUT OFTEN REGRETTED NOT BEING
GENEROUS ENOUGH"age 78
This one is me to a T. The only thing I fear throughout this
end of a marriage is the fact that before, I could give monetarily
as well as my time. Everyone appreciated it, but when it
came to monetary things I was often told I didn't have to do it.
I knew I didn't but I was fortunate in that we could afford to
do it, to pay it forward, to give back. Once I am on my own
in my own home, paying my own bills, I sometimes worry,
will people expect the same from me as they have received 
in the past? I know this is a self inflicted fear, yet
I know I will not be able to give in the way we had in the past.
Those who love me, they will understand, if any don't
they never loved me in the first place.
I will end with this one, just because it so reminds me
of our Bean:
"I'VE LEARNED THAT MY DADDY CAN SAY A LOT
OF WORDS THAT I CAN'T." age 8
One day Bean accidentally slipped out what is considered 
a bad word in her house. I told her it was okay because
it was an accident and Mumsie also sometimes slips bad words 
out her mouth. "Mumsie, you pay bills?" 
"Yes, I do pay bills." Then you can say bad words…
Okay, I ask with a confused face, "And why?"
"Because when my Mommy and Daddy slip a bad word
they said its okay because they pay bills. When I can pay my own
bills, I'm gunna say some bad words."
That child!!!

1 comment: