Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

collection of boxes

Let's see what can I share today, something you may not know
about me....
I love old boxes...
Not just any old boxes, they have a few requirements.
They must be old and they must be made of wood.
I get very excited if I find one at a garage sale, flea market,
or antique store.
My favorite are the ones with tongue in groove corners.
If they are made of cedar, then I get really excited.
The insides cannot be lined with anything, only wood.
When did this obsession start?
I link it back to two old boxes Daddy had and gave me
when I was a teenager.
I have always stored them with treasures,
love notes, high school things I had to
save. From there I began to
find that I always had to search wherever I was for boxes.
Remember the company Lane who made most of our
Hope chests?
Way back when, they made small versions of their boxes
as samples.
I own two of those, one I bought for 4 bucks with the key!
Oh, that was a happy day!!!!
So lilbit of what I love.

5 comments:

  1. I will pay GOOD money if you post one of Ronald's love notes from one of those boxes!! Uncle Ron the muse???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that little log cabin box you had? Do you still have it? Tell us the story about that box.

    xixi (I mean xoxoxox)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A SR VICE PRESIDENT WE HAVE! (XIXI C?) I REMEMBER THE WOODEN LOG CABIN BOX. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN IT WAS FROM GRANDMA LIMA OR AUNT LEELEE. DO YOU REMEMBER LIL? I THINK MOM HAD ALL THOSE LETTERS FROM DAD STORED IN IT FOR A WHILE.

    IF I EVER GO TO AN ANTIQUE STORE AND FIND A WOODEN BOX WITH TONGUE AND GROOVE WITH NO LINING I WILL BUY IT FOR YOU! OF COURSE, SORRY LIL, I DON'T PLAN ON GOING TO AN ANTIQUE STORE VERY SOON BUT I'LL KEEP MY EYES OPEN!

    L Y'LL

    ReplyDelete
  4. well MIkie,
    maybe I could share some of those love letters but there are a few reasons I wouldn't share most of them
    most are written in a context that are not meant for little eyes....
    and I found out after many years of marriage that the beautiful poems he wrote me were actually written by a girl where he was stationed in the army so they kinda lost their flaire....
    know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooopppssss...see what you started, Anon!!!

    ReplyDelete