Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

SHE AIN'T HEAVY, SHE'S MY MOTHER, COUSIN, SISTER...

THE GANG ON THE BEACH
THE GANG AT THE CAMP
SHE'S MY COUSIN...
SURE SHE'S ONLY 12?
THIS ONE WILL BE A BEAUT!
SHE AIN'T HEAVY...
ROSIE AND TANT MONE AFTER FRICASSE'
HAS MOM EVER BEEN MORE BEAUTIFUL?
GOING TO THE BEACH, MOM WITH THE BABIES...
THE VOYAGE...
MUMSIE AND HER OLDEST GRANDAUGHTER, TIFFY
MOMMIE LOVES THOSE KIDS, WHEN THEY ARE QUIET!
YES, ANGE' DID TACKLE HER FEAR OF WATER...
THE VOYAGE CONTINUED
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE
VERONICA COULDN'T STAY AWAY, SHE SHOWED UP LATE BUT CAME!!!

I cannot begin to explain what a wonderful time we all had at the beach.
So, I just had to post bunches of pictures.
The beach was perfect, not hot, little wind, the water perfect.
Look at the sky in these pictures and the water.
Anyone who hasn't been to the beach in a while
needs to go.
It is a place where you can just relax, doesn't matter
how dirty you get.
The best part was being together with family, again!
At one time or another all the girls showed up
even with Ronnie coming late in the evening after
C and Mone left.
Wish Peter and his gang could have made it also.
Rosie was in her glory cooking and waiting on all of us.
We ate way too much, got way too much sun,
talked and talked and shared old stories.
Some the same ones we tell all the time
and then a few new ones.
The younger children were mesmerized with the stories.
We sat outside and talked into late into the night
until Veronica decided it was time to go home.
Ange' bailed out on me, following Granny home.
I forgive her ;o)!
Mom was energized by her trip and I was
so, so glad to have shared this time with her
and all of those who came.
Mom said on the way home,
"I wish we would get together more often like that."
Wonderful memories were made
I love being a part of all of y'all lives.

August 8th will be Aunt Genie and Uncle Roy's
50th wedding anniversary, let's all try to make it
there with our mom!

8 comments:

  1. IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! GETTING AWAY, SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! THANKS ROSIE FOR A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

    TIFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVEN THOUGH I WAS LATE AND I DIDN'T STAY THE NIGHT IT SURE WAS A NICE TIME. THANKS, ROSIE, IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL TIME. THANKS, LIL, FOR BRINGING MOM AND ANGE' AND THANKS, C, FOR BRINGING MONE, AND LAST BUT BY FAR NOT LEAST, THANKS TIF AND TEDI! I KNOW THAT MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE GETTING OLDER ESPECIALLY TEDI WHO WILL BE THE "BIG 13" AND AT THIS TIME IN HER LIFE HER FRIENDS BECOME MORE IMPORTANT THAN HER GRANNY (DOESN'T MATTER TEDIBEAR THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE) I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU AND YOUR COUSINS. BEFORE TOO LONG HUGH WILL BE IN YOUR PLACE AND A YEAR LATER ANGE' AND A YEAR LATER LUCY AND THEN NENE, OWENS WILL BE A TEENAGER IN 8 MORE YEARS AND ELLEN NOT FAR BEHIND. TIMES GOES BY SO FAST! BUT I TRULY MEAN THIS, I LOVE YOU ALL AND ENJOY WHATEVER TIME I CAN SHARE WITH YOU'LL SO C YOU READ WHAT LIL'S LAST WORDS TO THIS BLOG WAS! GIVE IT UP MS. SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE THERE, NO EXCUSES BECAUSE ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL BE TAKEN AS AN EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    L Y'LL
    GRANNY (TEDI I REMEMBERED), MOM, RONNIE, NENA

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all had a great time. Thanks for the pictures and Rosie, thanks, again for making all of the new memories possible.

    Love y'all,
    C

    P.S. Did I say I was going to be sick on August 8th? I just have that feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you best not be sick and if you are i know the cure...
    BIG, BIG, WET, WET, AUNT GENIE KISSES !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Ted and I won $65.00 at Bingo last night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they did and Ted was too funny he says whispering,
    "I got it, I got it" then shoves the card to Celena so she could scream Bingo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all so welcome. I am so glad I decided to call and extend our stay so that we could enjoy this experience together with FAMILY! I told the lady who owned the place that I would be calling soon to book for next year, but I would like for it to be maybe a couple of days. The water was beautiful, the day was beautiful and the contentment on Mom's face made it all worth it. Thank you all for coming and for those of you who didn't get a chance to make it, weeeeeellllll..... ya'll missed a great time, so maybe next year ya'll can fit it in. Would like to catch our own crabs and boil them and maybe make a fire on the beach at night and roast weiners and marshmallows??? Anyway, gotta get back to work. And, by the way Celena:
    I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOUR NEW ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROUD OF YOU, BUT THIS TIME YOU HAVE OUT DONE YOURSELF! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND KNOW THAT YOU DESERVE THIS NEW TITLE OF SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF OFFSHORE TOWING. YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT!!!!
    YA'LL HAVE A GREAT DAY.
    ROSIE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Rosie:
    The only really bad thing about my new position is that I ain't got much time to "Blog" anymore, but I'll do the best I can to keep up!!

    Love ya,
    C

    ReplyDelete