Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

MY SISTER'S KEEPER


Just saw the movie and although I read the book
and the end was different in the movie,
I was still not prepared for all the emotions it
brought up inside of me.
Of course, it didn't help to have Jesi on the side
of Momma sniffing from the first minutes of the movie,
bawling by the end with no let-up through the whole show
and Momma saying,
"I don't know why you think this is so sad,
we lived this."
I realized that in too many instances, this could have
been me, my siblings, my parents.
I thought, what if my parents had decided
to quit fighting for me?
If I had been older, would I have wanted
to also give up?
I probably would have had I suffered for as long as this young girl did.
When I mentioned this to Momma she said,
"Well you did suffer that much, you just don't remember."
I could not have possibly suffered that much,
yet while watching this young girl vomit blood and
nose bleeds, memories came back...
Watching her family suffer, I again feel bad for the
suffering my family had to go through.
Wow, again I am reminded of just how
lucky I am that no one really knew what they
were doing way back when.
Lots of thought in my head following this movie.
Rebecca, I don't think you can handle this one and
I am almost sure Mikie can't either.
But I would like anyone who has seen it to
let me know what y'all thoughts were.
If you have not read the book, you must.
I am glad the movie didn't end like the book,
don't think I could have taken anymore sadness.
Brings up a lot of topics of controversy,
like would you have another child to save the one
you already have.
Very good movie, I suggest you guys all see it
but bring lots of Kleenex, only for those who
don't mind crying at movies.

11 comments:

  1. TOUGH AS NAILS ..... I'M TOUGH AS NAILS!! Jesi is the whimpy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME, KNOWS HOW I LOVE TO GO TO THE MOVIES! IT IS NOTHING FOR ME TO SEE 3 MOVIES IN ONE DAY (WHEN CJ ISN'T WITH ME). "MY SISTER'S KEEPER" IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. AS I WAS SITTING WITH MY SIBLINGS AND MY TWO OLDEST DAUGHTERS (YOU RIGHT LIL, NOT A SHOW FOR REBECCA) I FELT GOING BACK - WAY BACK TO WHEN WE FIRST LEARNED OF LIL'S SICKNESS. YES, LIL SUFFERED SIMILAR TO THE SISTER IN THAT MOVIE THE ONLY THING LIL DIDN'T GET TO THE POINT THAT THE DOCTORS TOLD US THAT THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE THEY COULD DO. GOD WASN'T READY FOR LIL IN HEAVEN SO HE SAVED HER LIFE! ALL THE NOSE BLEEDS, THE TREATMENTS TOOK A TOLL ON ALL OF US BUT I HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN "WE DID WHAT WE HAD TO DO TO SAVE OUR BABY SISTER'S LIFE". LIL, I SURE YOU DON'T REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE THE MOVIE REMINDED ME THAT AS A FAMILY WE HAD THE DISCUSSION OF GIVING UP ONE OF OUR KIDNEYS. YES, WE SAT DOWN AND DECIDED THAT DAD WAS TO SICK TO GIVE UP A KIDNEY. HE WANTED TO GET TESTED TO SEE IF HE WAS COMPATIBLE (SPELL CHECK) BUT WE KNEW IF HE WAS HE WOULD HAVE WANTED TO GIVE IT TO YOU. SO, THAT WAS NOT AN OPTION! WE WOULD START WITH MOM, THEN MONE, THEN ME. IF THAT DIDN'T WORK WE WOULD TEST ROSIE AND CELENA. OF COURSE, IT DIDN'T COME TO THAT BUT IF IT DID YOU WOULD HAVE HAD A KIDNEY FROM SOMEONE. EVEN TODAY THERE WOULD NOT BE A QUESTION ABOUT GIVE UP A KIDNEY AND TODAY WE HAVE A LARGER FAMILY TO FIND A MATCH.

    IF I WOULD HAVE A CHILD TO SAVE ANOTHER CHILD'S LIFE, YES, YES, YES!!!! BUT I WOULD NOT SACREFICE (SC) THAT CHILD'S LIFE IF THE ODDS WERE AGAINST HIM. WOULD I HAVE A SECOND OR THIRD CHILD, YES, YES, YES!!! ANYTHING I COULD DO TO SAVE A LIFE I WOULD TRY!

    THAT SHOW WAS VERY CLOSE TO HOME BUT I THANK GOD THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THRU WHAT THIS FAMILY WENT THRU! GOD WAS ON OUR SIDE!!

    JES, YOU ARE NOT A WHIMP!!! LET'S SEE "TOUGH AS NAILS" SIT THRU THAT SHOW!!! YEA RIGHT "TOUGH AS NAILS" I KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!

    THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I to understand that ya'll all went to see this movie together and didn't call me to see if I wanted to go??? Me, who so lonley spent the whole weekend all by myself. I'm not feeling the love here! Anyway, what about Grand Isle you other guys! Unlike my siblings, I invited the WHOLE family to come and have only heard back from Lil and Lisa. Whatzup?
    I still Love ya'll kinda,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. well they went last weekend and Me and Jesi and mommee went this weekend.
    last weekend you were with cammi and this wknd. we didn't plan to go, just ended up there so you can love us again, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I Love ya'll again and let ya'll slide. Oh, by the way, Peter and Cheryl will probably end up coming to Grand Isle on Friday to do some crabing and fishing. Cheryl has to work Thursday night.
    Let me hear from the rest of you!
    Love,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. -----Sorry but I have never heard to this book or movie. Like Ronnie I watch a lot of movies. I'm with Netflix and I can't get movies in fast enough. But if this movie is about what I think it is I wouldn't go see it. I don't like those type of movies. Not something that would remind me of a sad time in our lives. I don't mind shedding a few tears now and then for a good movie but not one of this type of subject.

    -----L-U-A,
    -------Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nonc Pete .... google search Sesame Street Mana mana nump ..... ENJOY!! It will take you to youtube and you can see the original 1969 version... I hate that little hippie muppet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ANON!! I JUST WENT TO THE WEB SITE AND LAUGHED MY A-- OFF. NOW THAT BRINGS BACK MEMORIES.

    PETE, GO RIGHT NOW TO THE WEB SITE ANON WROTE ABOVE. WAIT TIL YOU SEE IT!!! BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF US ROLLING ON THE FLOOR WHEN WE FIRST SAW THAT CLIP. DAD WAS RIGHT THERE WITH US!

    FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO SEE WHAT MADE ME AND PETE CLINK GROWING UP GO TO THAT SITE. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'LL THINK!! FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY!! JUST AS FUNNY TODAY AS IT WAS BACK THEN ONLY NOW IT BRING BACK GOOD MEMORIES OF DAD. HE LAUGHED JUST AS MUCH AS US MAYBE EVEN MORE.

    LOVE IT! HAVE IT ON MY FAVORITES!

    THANKS AGAIN ANON!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!

    L Y'LL

    ReplyDelete
  9. too too funny!!!
    I kinda remember it,
    the year on that is 1969...
    I remember ronnie singing to Tiffy and I all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I NOTICED THE YEAR BUT THAT CAN'T BE THE FIRST TIME IT AIRED. PETER AND I WERE JUST YOUNG KIDS WHEN WE FIRST SAW IT. GUESS I WAS 9 OR 10 AND PETE WAS ABOUT 6 OR 7. REMEMBER DAD AND US TWO JUST LAUGHING AWAY. GOSH LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.

    IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN "RENEWED" IN 1969 BECAUSE I DO REMEMBER SINGING THAT TUNE ALL THE TIME.

    L Y'LL

    ReplyDelete