Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS, TODAY and tomorrow...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!
I believe Daddy would have been 91 today!
Can you imagine what that would have been like
if he would still be alive today?
Would probably be cursing God for letting him live so darn long.
It would have been his fishing rodeo weekend and
probably him and Uncle Luke would be trying
to figure a way that them old coots
could go to the camp Uncle Luke just finished building
at 90 years old!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DONNA!!!
Ronnie's only full sister, Donna
would be 50 years old today!
Wow, 50 years old if she had not died at
the young age of 27 in a car accident.
I have been thinking a lot of Donna lately.
She died one day shy of Roddie's 6 month birthday.
Just that morning she was at our house
playing with Roddie.
When she turned him over to tickle him,
she noticed his first pearly white tooth
on his bottom gum and was so excited.
Later that evening, Ron and I was working on our house
we were remodeling when a friend came over to tell
us he thought Donna had been in an accident.
That was before cell phones so I walked down
the street to call the hospital and they told
us to get to the hospital.
Donna had been in an accident while taking a young boy
to the hospital. He had put his hand through
a plate glass window at the Ladies Parade in GM
and the accident happened on the way there.
She was transferred to Ochsner's hospital
with severe head injuries and died that
morning at about 3:00 am.
Donna was the kindest person you would have ever met
and when it comes to family, she was the one
Ronnie was the closest to besides his
grandpa. When she died, I believe a part
of him died also.
She loved Roddie so much and would have been
a wonderful aunt to my children.
It was a loss not to have here with us
while they were growing up.
So, Donna have a great birthday up there in LALA land!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TED FOR TOMORROW
Ted will celebrate his birthday tomorrow
somewhere in the waters of Golden Meadow.
Happy Birthday, brother-in-law.
We've been through a lot since I've known you
but I have always loved you and
whether you like it or not,
will continue to do so until I take my last breath.
Have a great one, Ted!

13 comments:

  1. THIS IS A TEST. HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY E-MAIL, TRYING TO SEE IF I CAN GET A MESSAGE TO YOU ALL.
    ROSIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that went through. Lil, I hate to use your blog to post this, but apparently something happened to my e-mail, rosie@cheramielaw.com and my rosie102156@yahoo.com. I'll have to figure out what is wrong later, but I have been trying to get this information to ya'll. First of all, Happy Birthday Daddy, I Love and miss you! Happy Birthday to Donna and Ted also! Now for the info. i've been trying to get to you all. Here are the details about the Grand Isle trip I emntioned to some of you. I have extended my reservations to accomodate anyone and everyone who want to come to the Blue Dolphin Inn on Thursday, July 16, 2009 on Grand Isle. It is located on the beach side right across from Rome's Daiquiris. The place sleeps 8 to 10 adults comfortable and as many kids that don't mind sleeping on the floor, which is where I'll be, sleeping on the floor with thekids. It looks more than likely that Cammi will be there and she is so looking forward to spending time on the beach with all of you. Ya'll may start arriving as early Thursday morning as ya'll want and although we have to check out of the suite by 11:00 on Friday (cause they have it rented for the weekend), we can still spend the whole day Friday on the beach. I have spoken to the lady who owns the place and we are welcome to use the outdoor restroom, kitchen and shower facilities for as long as we want on Friday. So, that would give one night ans two whole days on the beach of beautiful GRAND ISLE. There are outdoor kitchen and dining facilities equiped with all the boiling pots, burners and butane we may want to use along with an outdoor stove. The cost of the suite for the night is $180 which is my treat. Ya'll may want to get together & get some seafood (shrimp and crabs?) to boil while we are there and/or bring something for me to cook if ya'll rather, sandwich meat or whatever floats your boat as far as food goes. In other words, I got the suite, ya'll get the food. How's that sound??? Lil, you'll have to let Mom know as I am sure she sill want to come also, and if anyone talks to Mone, tell her cause I'm sure she will want to come also. The rest of the family who may not be tuned to this blog site, well, it's their Mom's job to let them know that they are welcome also, like Roddy and Katie, Arthur, Kris and their significant others, Emily and Andre and so on, in case I forgot anyone. Let me know what ya'll think and who's interested.
    Have a great 4th of July weekend
    Love U all!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rosie,
    I got that email this morning so evidently it went through!!!
    i will go on thurs. but myself and mom will probably come home early on Friday because it will be too hot for her outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Poppie, Donna, & Ted! I am so sorry about Donna. I bet she was a beautiful person. She was trying to help someone at that time. I know she would be so proud of Roddie & Jesi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I saw that picture of Poppie and I took a double take; it reminded me of Guy! Aunt Rosie, sorry we won't be able to meet you but we are leaving for Florida that day. Have fun & kiss Cammi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. -----Happy "B"day to Daddy, Donna and yes you to Ted. I'm sure Daddy is fishing this week end. And I'm pretty sure if Ted is not fishing he is at least on the water some where.

    -----Unfortunately I remember very little about Donna. I think I might have met her once but that's about all from what I remember. But I'm sure she is having a good time where ever she may be. I am very sorry for your loss Ronnie. It must have been a hard time for you.

    -----The nose of that boat in the background of this picture is the one that eventually became "Dee Dees Tee Gros Batou." But that was before Daddy began demolishing it to rebuild.

    -----L-U-A,
    -------Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone else, C, Ronnie, Tiff, Tie, Beck, Peter, Em..... up for the Grand Isle trip????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya'll will have to respond through this site, cause by e-mail has crashed for some reason or another.
    Love ya'll
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROSIE, THANKS FOR THE INVITE BUT THIS IS NOT MY TYPE OF FUN. I CAN'T STAND THE HEAT AND I DON'T LIKE GRAND ISLE BUT I APPRCIATE THE INVITE. IF THINGS CHANGE, I LET YOU KNOW.

    THANKS,
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sent you an email, as well. Sorry that I can't go because I have an event at "Celena's" on Saturday, which means Friday evening will be used for decorating and Sunday for Cleaning. Thanks for the invite, though and I 'm sure that all will have fun.

    Love,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. May Veronica, I thought you were the one who told me you tried to get reservations on Grand Isle for sometime this summer, but all was booked up. It's one of the reasons why I got the room for an extra night, cause that's all that was available. Everybody that I spoke to about it at the coffee party seemed excited. It's no big deal, but there is airconditioning in the suite that you would not have to be out in the heat all day and night Thursday and don't have to check out of the place till 11:00 on Friday. The place is up on pilings, so we could probably see the kids play on the beach from indoors. Of course, I haven't heard from your kidos yet either, so..... Anyway, all are invited and I was looking forward to spending time with everyone, besides at Bingo, a wedding or a funeral. You too C..... this is Thursday, not Friday, but you may have to work.
    Love,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEA, YOU RIGHT BUT I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE GRANDKIDS AND THAT'S WHAT THEY WANTED TO DO. BETWEEN YOU AND I, AND WHO EVER ELSE IS READING THIS, I'M GLAD IT WAS BOOKED AND THE GRANDKIDS DECIDED ON A WATER SLIDE INSTEAD. I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF THINGS CHANGES.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, okay. I always knew you weren't one for the beach too much, that's why I was kinda suprised when you said you tried to get reservations. Anyway, what about your kids and grandkids, do you know if they are aware they are invited also. I don't know if they mentioned anything to you about it or not. Gotta go! Boss is coming. HaHa!!
    Just let me know. As far as I know, it's just gonna be me, Cammi, Mom & Lilly. Peter and Cheryl are gonna meet us on Friday.
    Love,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete