Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

OH YES YOU DID, LUCY CATHERINE...

Lucy sleeping at Rod and Katie's wedding
Lucy at horse camp 2008

Lucy is insistent that she did not fall asleep at the wedding.
I told her I had a picture and she informed me that
meant nothing...
So let me share a few things about LUCY
Girls like Lucy will lead the world.
She says nothing she doesn't mean
and no matter what, she sticks by her
statements. So if she said she didn't sleep
at the wedding, well, she will convince
you she didn't no matter what the evidence shows.
She needs to be a lawyer, I think.
Let me share this story from last summer
between myself and Lucy Catherine.
Because she was in horse camp, we
couldn't go very far on our adventure,
so we decided that after I picked her up
at camp, we'd go eat at Ce-Ce's pizza
then go to the show.
She and I stuffed ourselves on all the pizza
you could eat and headed to the movies.
On the drive, Lucy informs me that she will
need two snacks to last her the movie.
I told her that we had just ate so much that
I thought only one snack would be needed.
She let me know that,
"GRANNY ALWAYS GETS ME TWO SNACKS!"
I reminded her that I am not granny,
I am Aunt lil...
so here is the synopsis of the evening,
L being Lucy, M being me:
L: well if I can't have two snacks, I'll take ice cream but you are going to share yours, right?
M: No, Lucy you get what you want and I will get what I want.
L: Why are you getting peanut M&M's I don't like peanuts?
M: Because it is my snack and I love peanut M&M's
L: Oh, so you won't share?
M: Will you share your ice cream?
L: Ice cream is not meant to share, it melts too fast.
M: Well, when I am done, if I have some left, I may share.
L: Then get the plain kind.
M: No, Lucy I'll get what I like.
We sit down and Lucy eats her ice cream then works on my sharing techniques.
The movie is not of importance to her, my snack is.
After enough time passes that I believe she gets the
lesson Aunt Lil was trying to teach her,
I hand her my M&M's and we settle on watching the
rest of the movie.
After about 20 minutes, she hands me my bag back and
tells me she is done.
I think this lesson has gone well...
Until I feel the bag that feels quite soaked.
I look in that bag to view chocolate-licked peanuts,
a half bag of them.
M: Lucy did you lick the chocolate off all of my M&M's
what if I wanted them?
She looks at me with all the seriousness in the world on
her face to inform me"
L: I told you I didn't like peanuts but you wouldn't listen.
Now this is what I love about Lucy,
she says it like she sees it and the way she
sees it is the only way...
Love you Lucy Catherine!!!!

3 comments:

  1. OH, MY LUCY GIRL!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CHILD SHE IS. WHEN LUCY HAS SOMETHING IN HER HEAD IT STAYS THERE UNTIL SHE GETS WHAT SHE WANTS. I AGREE WITH YOU LIL, THIS ONE HAS TO BE A LAWYER. SHE IS VERY SMART AS IS THE REST OF HER SIBLINGS BUT LUCY "GETS WHAT SHE WANTS" NO MATTER WHAT! DO YOU'LL REMEMBER "ALICE" LUCY'S DOLL FROM THE TIME SHE WAS A YEAR OLD? ALICE IS NOW RETIRED AND THAT MAKES ME SAD BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE THE CHANGE IN LUCY ALREADY. WHEN LUCY WOULD COME SLEEP ALICE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE HER OWN BED NEXT TO LUCY. NOW SHE COMES AND I DON'T REMEMBER LAST TIME I SAW ALICE.

    LUCY WAS RIGHT, THEY DO GET 2 SNACKES AND I ALWAYS BUY AN EXTRA LARGE WATER BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER I HAVE 3, 4, OR 5 DUCKLINGS WITH ME. I ALWAYS TELL THEM GET WHAT YOU WANT TO EAT AND DRINK AND ALL HAVE TO POTTY BEFORE WE GO INTO THE MOVIE BECAUSE ONCE WE ARE SITTING, WE ARE SITTING AND NO ONE GETS UP. IF BY SOME CHANCE ONE REALLY HAS TO GET UP THEN WE ALL GET UP. CAN YOU SEE IT 6 PEOPLE STANDING UP AND LEAVING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE!! ALL IN ALL, I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH ALL 7 OF THESE SPECIAL PEOPLE!

    L Y'LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lil has told me this story before and I thought it was funny then and I still think it's funny as I read it. I think Aunt Lil was the one who learned a lesson, right Lucy..

    Lucy, keep on keepin on, girl...don't ever give in to what you believe is right and go as high as you need to until you get what you want. You're my kinda girl and I love you!!

    Hugs and Kisses, Lucy!!
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy loves to fish... but Lucy loves to fish with Owen.. why you ask?? Owen isn't much on the fishing.. he's big into bait. Owen likes to catch the bait out of the bait box and hand it to whoever is willing. Lucy likes to stand on the front of the boat and yell .."BRING ME A BAIT..... BOY!" Daddy baits... daddy casts... Lucy hooks/reals in... daddy nets .. daddy unhooks .... Lucy yells .."BRING ME ANOTHER BAIT BOY!" and Owen brings another bait on command! ... My Gurl!!

    ReplyDelete