Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

scrap addict

I am a scrapbook addict ( they say admitting is 50% of the batttle).
So yesterday I spent my whole day in my scrapbook room.
This is one of the layouts I made.
There are so many copies floating around of this picture
and when visiting my nannie she gave me another,
so I thought, why not put it into my scrapbook?
The journaling says something like:
I will bet that Mom and Dad believed their family to
be complete when Daddy took this picture.
However that was not to be with Rosie following
not long after the picture was taken and C and I
to follow in the early 60's.
7 kids would complete this family.
I love everything vintage especially if I find it
at an antique store or a garage sale.
So the cutouts are from a treasure I found
at a little antique store in Plaquemine.
There i found this old children's book
from the 1920's that was falling apart for 5 dollars.
I could hardly wait to start tearing it up!!!
Well just a short story because my
Cammi girl is coming spend the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A HANDSOME FAMILY! LOOK HOW PRETTY OUR MONE IS. THAT IS WHEN LARRY BROKE LOOSE FROM HIS CHILDHOOD DAYS AND BECAME "H--L ON WHEELS". WHO THINKS PETER IN THAT PIC LOOKS LIKE OWEN? BUT I HONESTLY SAY THAT HUGH'S MANNERISM REMINDS ME OF PETER. OF COURSE, ME THE WHITE HAIRED, CURLY TOP BRAT! I REMEMBER THAT DRESS WELL IT WAS WHITE SILK WITH RED DOTS AND THE SLEEVES TIED UP. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL D-V-L I WAS!

    WHAT A HANDSOME OUR PARENTS WERE. AND MOM IS MORE BEAUTIFUL TODAY THAN SHE WAS THEN!

    L Y'LL

    ReplyDelete