Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

courage

What happened yesterday in Golden Meadow was
one of my AHA moments.
To see so many old friends, neighbors gathered
for a family friend who really has not lived on the
bayou for some time was amazing.
So many times, Karen's husband Kim came to
thank us and I just kept thinking,
"It is us who should thank you guys"
To be given an outlet to be able to show our best,
to do God's work and know that while you are there
something magical is happening.
I was so proud of our old neighborhood of Dursette Lane.
Aside from just one or two neighbors who lived in
that street many years ago,
each family had some to represent their family.
It may have been to help or to gather for the meal,
make donations, but many families were represented.
I can't mention everyone because I would be
so worried to leave someone out and offend
but it was a magical day, a wonderful day.
A day I was able to put aside myself and
know that I, as well as many, had done a wonderful
thing for one family.
God said it best when he said:
"WHATS SO EVER YOU DO FOR THE LEAST OF
YOUR BROTHERS THAT YOU DO UNTO ME"
Pray for Karen and her family
because her name should have courage somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment