Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I still have muscles!

How do I know that I still have muscles?
Well, I decided to rejoin the gym again yesterday.
I have been feeling quite depressed about my body
and lack of movement. Especially when I stand on the scale
as I eat another Diana's chocolate covered banana.
I do not know what is in those bananas but they have
been addicting to me.
So on Sunday I decided enough is enough
texted baby girl to get her in to my moment of
wanting to exercise again.
All I had to say is "I am paying" and she was in.
Larousse gym is the one I chose again,
mostly because they used to have a pool and I need a pool.
I find out yesterday though that they have let the pool
go since no one ever used it and it became too expensive.
Okay so I still joined.
While there I was so proud of myself, especially when I
stepped on their scale and realized I have more work
to do than I believed.
There was a time before this pain issue became so bad
that I went to this gym 6 days a week
and I want to get back to that state of mind again.
It really is a state of mind to exercise, isn't it?
So I am up this am bright and early mostly because
my muscles are reminding me that they are here...
I am going to do this.
If for no other reason but to walk and ride their bikes
I will get my money's worth.
In some ways I am like HOBL when it comes to my money.
If I spend my money on it, I will use it.
I am almost 47 years old, only 47,
I have many years left to live and if I don't do something
to get my body and mind back on tract I will not be
a happy or healthy elderly person.
This is not a choice, it is something that my family deserves.
They should not have to look after me because I didn't do
all I could to be the best me I can be.
I know it won't be easy, no one likes to eat unhealthy as
much as I do. I want to be healthy, I really do.
So no more unhealthy snack items in this home.
I will do this, I will do this, I will...



3 comments:

  1. Just bring some chocolate bananas with you and leave them in a locker ... then you will have to go there to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Lil! It is a state of mind. I gained some weight recently and 1 week ago I decided to get back to my diet. I need to be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis I to have been on the exercise bug. of course you know it started with P T I am almost finish with that. So I decided to continue at the p t gym. they have a wellness program. I am also going to the learning center and meeting with Heather who will nelp me control my dibetic condition i am no longer on inselent and I want to stay that waAY LOL MONE

    ReplyDelete