Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's a blah day and yet so good

You know, you can look at things one way and it's okay to feel down. You can also see the good parts which is what I am trying to remind myself. My pain is not bad at all which has me having weaned myself completely off the duragesic patches. This is good but it has a way of putting you in the funk for a few days. It will also probably get a little worse as my pain may not require any narcotic meds right now. I'm weaning off all of it which puts me already in a sad state. Yet yesterday, when sitting in the office of the neurosurgeon with my HOBL, I am so worried all of a sudden for him. I can see his fear and worry, his hands shaking, and I feel very sorry for him. He is not one to be ill and I see he is scared. After the relief of Dr. Leichty explaining that he is not a candidate for the cement procedure because the bone must be porous and his is strong and healthy, after he relieves us that this bone fracture is indeed bad but thankfully, stable and the best thing to do is put him in a brace and let it heal like any broken bone for 8 to 10 weeks, I see the color come back into Hobl's face. We discuss his recovery and pain management and on the ride home things are better. This morning he feels so much better but my mind, my heart are not so well. It doesn't matter how old family members are, when they hurt or being hurt by poor decisions that affect others, it puts all in a damper. No details here as it is not my place or right to speak but prayers are needed for parts of my family and all would be appreciated. Yet, even with this heavy on my heart, and my body adjusting to needing no pain meds right now,there is good. Good, not that bean is sick but good that my services are needed there and I drive over to baby boy and kds house to see a sick lil girl. Her mommy has to go to work, which is hard for her. I hope she feels a lil better knowing that this is why I moved here, why myself and her mom are retired, so we can help in these situations, that bean is with the second best people who love her, the first being her own parents. The good part in this is that all bean wants to do is be rocked and watch the goofy movie and there is nothing this mumsie loves more than rocking, kissing warm foreheads, cuddling while watching one of her all time favorite movies. Heart is heavy, heart is full, sad for some moments, so grateful for others. Completing the sale of the thibodaux home tomorrow which will relieve hobl from much stress. We lay in bed last night together and he comments that we are good companions.... This brings me peace, a warmness. I say we need to remember that when life gets in the way and we are short or ugly to each other. It's what long lasting couples can draw comfort from but the world tries to make this unimportant, it is of utmost importance. We need to nurture these relationships even when it seems easier to condemn or speak negatively of. If you have a significant other, whether estranged or good, make it right, make it better. Sorry if this blog seems like just one big piece of run-on sentence.. It's the day I am having. Pray for the children in the world....especially today for those in my family, thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Prayers are coming and I am glad to her your husband will only need the brace. I miss you and I am glad you are there for your family. You are a blessing for all the lives you have touched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! tell my "boyfriend" i'm glad he dosen't need the surgery and tell him to better soon for our "next date"!! LOL

    ReplyDelete