Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

A wedding to plan for

MY friend, my lil neighbor who is known to most
as "Katie, the neighbor is engaged to be married
to her high school sweet heart, Brent.
There is so much I can say about this girl.
She, over the last 7 years, has become one of my
favorite people to hang out with as she is a younger
version of me in a lot of ways.
Before we moved, we could be found many days on 
Lee Drive scrapping or just hanging out and talking.
She is crafty, loves to scrap.
We share the love for antiques and garage sales.
What I love the most about Katie is her loyalty to her
friends and family.
We used to jokingly call her the neighborhood caller.
While in high school, she would visit all us neighbors
and make sure we were all doing well,  keep us all connected
by filling us in on what was going on in our neighborhood.
As an adult, she has become a young woman to be proud of,
as I know her parents must be.
In a world where teens are doing wrong, experimenting
with so many things out there that are so dangerous,
Katie has remained true to herself and her relationships.
I know her parents have to be so proud.
I know I am proud, proud of the way she lives her life
and to say she is my friend.
We may be many years apart, but she and I are both very serious
about continuing attachments to friends and family no matte
how far we may be from them.
Brent is a lucky, lucky man.
He has a future wife who is one who will always be loyal,
always be at his side, no matter what they face.
When you have Katie's love, you forever have it.
I am glad I am one who she shares her love and life with.
Congrats, Katie and Brent...
Katie we have lots to play with now, 
so excited to be part of the next year with you.
July 5, 2013 will be here before ya'll know it!

1 comment:

  1. I have read this post over 3 different times and each time I cry! I miss yall so much and I cant wait to play in that new and improved SCRAPBOOK ROOM!!

    Love,
    Katie (the neighbor)

    ReplyDelete