Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wish I had wrote this!

Been in sort of a funk lately.
Not sure why but we all know the feeling,
not depressed really but just funky feeling,
not feeling like doing anything, feeling lazy and 
just not comfortable in my own skin.
Have lots I want to do but just don't feel like doing any of it.
Like I said, we all get it and the best thing to remember
when this "funk" settles in is:
THIS TOO SHALL PASS
I know it does for I have been here many times in my 
almost 49 years.
I have been filling my reading with true inspirational stuff
that is always good for me when I feel like this.
A few days ago, searching Pinterest,
I come across this beautiful statement,
BE SOFT
DO NOT LET THE WORLD MAKE YOU HARD.
DON NOT LET PAIN MAKE YOU HATE.
DO NOT LET THE BITTERNESS STEAL YOUR SWEETNESS.
TAKE PRIDE THAT EVEN THOUGH THE REST
OF THE WORLD MAY DISAGREE,
YOU STILL BELIEVE IT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL PLACE
-kurt vonnegut
Oh this is so beautiful that I wish I had wrote it myself.

2 comments:

  1. When I feel like that (which is every now and then) something is usually not right in my heart. Sometimes I don't even know what it is, but until I find it and make peace with whatever problem I am facing I can't get that anxiety/discomfort to leave me. In time it will pass. Just give yourself time and love and the weird feeling will unwind itself, but you already knew that. Be. Here. Now. That's the best thing to do. :)

    I hope your day is as sunny there as it is here.
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been feeling that way too lately. I hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete