Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A long weekend, fantastic!


 On Friday, went play with Bean and her cousin, Lizzie at 
Maw Cappy's house. I found a new app. for instagram called Snapseed.
What it can do to a simple picture makes me so excited!
This picture is the grunge application.
Thanks,  Lauren for introducing it on Instagram.


On Saturday afternoon, I headed to Laffeyette to watch my
godchild Cameron dance her heart out.
If you ask her what dancing means to her she will tell you,
"My life is on that stage"
When she dances, you believe that to be true.
She is so talented.
 I decided to sleep in Laffy so that I could spend time and rock
this little cutie, Silas "Sy" Tamplain.
Sayra and Miki are so proud of their little man and should be.
He is now 7 months old and stayed at a three hour dance recital.
Never cried or fussed, only watched in awe and danced to the music.
I still do not know what that baby's cry sounds like as he never did
cry. 
 I was loving our rocking session, just knew that after
45 minutes I had put him to sleep as he was dead weight in my arms
and so quiet. When Sayra came to check by looking over my shoulder,
the lil fart was still wide eyed, just loving the rock.
A baby after my own heart.
 He was an unexpected blessing to his parents as well as all of us.
He is magic, the sweetest little thing.


 This picture above is after the recital we took Cami to the hibachi grill.
She had never watched the show and loved it.
She looks a little worried in this picture as he has just caught all our
food on fire, but all was good and the food was fantastic!
Cami was tired of wearing her fake eyelashes and thought it would be
cool to have her daddy wear them.
Oh what a daddy will do to make their little girls happy.
Ready for a night on the town...
Not gunna happen.
He was a good trooper.
So glad this boy found sobriety as he is such a sweet heart.
On the way home, Cami and I had to stop at the
Jockey lot which is an outdoor flea market we love.
My favorite booths are those that are like garage sale stands.
A woman had this old gas heater from the early 1900's with a sign that
said 50 dollars. I knew it would be perfect cleaned up in my cajun house
display in the new house but I wasn't paying that amount of money.
She asked me to  make an offer. I explained the only cash I had was
a ten dollar bill in my wallet. She said she would take that and i
became the proud owner of this part of history.
I love it! The cuts are so fancy for a heater.
 Cami and I then went to Thibodaux to meet Malaina and her Mommy
half way to come and spend a few days with me in Plaquemine.
I paired these two off as both love dancing and both love scrapping.
They are two years apart and this was the first time they met 
as Cami is my side of the family and Malaina is HOBL's side of
the family. It was a perfect match.
I helped them put together their paper bag albums and told them
to use all I had taught them to decorate their albums.
They spent a full day and half of the next to finish them a
and they were proud but I was most proud because with no 
help from me, they both had remembered and used techniques I 
taught them.
Each evening we walked the pups in the new neighborhood so
I could show them all I loved about the new place.
They agreed it was a peaceful place.
They then returned to their scrapping.
They loved all the space in the new room 
and I loved the most imporant part of scrapping"
"Clean up as you go and keep the room organized to get your
best projects done"
They did a wonderful job of that and I had little to do at the end of
our visit as I spent little time up there as they played.

IT was a wonderful time and before you know it, it was Tuesday
afternoon and time to bring both of them back to Thib. to meet
their rides home. It is getting hard to get all the little ones
in my life because there are so many of them and their times
of freedom are so limited. I also am starting to feel my age
when trying to keep up with kiddies.
Yet I value time spent with each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment