Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A New School Year begins

Today teachers return to the classroom after a very short
summer vacation.
I always think I am over the not working thing.
Then today happens and I am quite sad that I
will not be there for the beginning of the school excitement.
No matter what people think, teachers, although
not happy that their free days of summer are over,
they do get excited about making a difference in 
their new students lives.
I want to be there and yet my time is done.
Just when I think I like retirement, this is the life,
today happens and I want to be there, in the work force,
seeing the changes a summer makes.
I will be okay, of course.
The first morning I have so much pain that
I can't get out of bed and I don't have to worry about
calling in sick. 
But today I give myself permission to grieve this fact.
That given my ideal world, I would be pain free all the time
and I would be going to work making a difference
in the lives of children.

1 comment: