Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OWN book club 2.0

 You all know what a fan of Oprah I am.
So much so that not do I have OWN on my TV
but listen to her show constantly in the car on XM radio.
A few weeks ago she announced that she just had to bring
back her book club, calling it 2.0 all because
she was reading a book that she just had to share with all her 
listener fans. 
the book is called WILD by Cheryl Strayed.
I wasn't sold on the topic much as it is about her
hiking through the wilderness, a true story.
While I was driving the other day I was able to listen
to Oprah interviewing the author.
As she spoke of why she took the trek,
because at 22 her mom died and she was angry with her
but had no reason to be.
Strayed also talked of her step dad,
saying that although right now they are estranged,
she still loves him and he, her.
Oprah reads from her book a line that says something
to the effect,
"He came into my life at a time I strongly needed a father figure.
He loved me when I needed so badly to be loved."
Well, now I have to read the book, have to purchase it 
as soon as I get home via the Istore.
The ironic thing is, as I go to my Ipad to buy the new book,
I see the one I am reading now that I am very impressed with.
IT is called Torch.
I love the way the writer writes, impressed with her story line.
I look closely at the author as it isn't something I always look at...
Ironically, the author is none other than,
Cheryl Strayed.
Out of all the books I could have picked while scanning
the books available in Ibooks,  that I would
choose the one other written by the same author
of WILD...
These kind of things just freak me out sometimes.
Can't wait to start WILD.

1 comment: