Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

the most complicated topic...LOVE

I am feeling just a little philosophical this morning.
I read this comment in the happiness project,
"THERE IS NO LOVE;
THERE ARE ONLY PROOFS OF LOVE."
-PIERRE REVERDY
I contemplate, what does this mean, exactly.
I don't think he means love does not exist
but more like the author of THE HAPPINESS PROJECT explains,
"Whatever love I might feel in my heart, others will see 
only in my actions.
I think i agree.
Yes, if you just love someone but you never
tell them, or do things for them that make them feel important,
then it would be hard to prove love for them.
Each time I try and disqualify her explanation it brings me 
back to the fact that she is right.
I think that I know even now that my Mommy loves me.
She, at this point in her life, can't really do those things
that make me feel she loves me and yet I do not doubt that she does.
Then I realize, it is all those things she has done for me in the past 
that makes me know I am loved.
I think of little Bean, she can't really show me in actions that she loves me.
She can't cook a meal for me, she can't buy me anything special.
I then think of it deeper and realize it is her actions that 
prove her love for me.
when we are playing and she turns to me and makes "sweet eyes"
I feel her love.
When she grabs a book and backs up her trunk in my lap,
I feel her love. When she cries when I leave her house
I know I am loved.
I think of my grown children.
I know they love me and they don't show it like they used to as kids.
I think into it deeper and remember just last week
when I had a virus, throwing up, could not get out of bed,
I get a text from Baby boy asking how I am
and an offer to go get Gatorade or sprite.
I feel loved deeply because if I said yes, he would get in his truck,
go to the store, purchase what I needed and bring it back.
Yesterday I get a call from Gypsy baby, asking what I am doing today.
She asks me if I can go to Baton Rouge today and meet her at
her place of work for brunch. 
I feel her love in the fact that she still misses me,
still needs me in her life, even if we don't agree on so much,
the love is there.
So yes, on those examples I do agree with 
Gretchen Rubin, THE HAPPINESS PROJECT
"... Whatever love I feel in my heart, others will only see in my actions..."
I need to continue to always act on those words I say so often,
"LOVE YOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment