Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

PRAYERS FOR OUR OWN STATE, LAFAYETTE

I am sickened as I lay to rest after keeping
the baby girls last night so their parents
could have a night together before baby number 3
comes. A shooting in our own state, in our own town 
of Lafayette. Having family there, not far, in Carencro
it was scary until we found out that none of our
family members had taken in any late movies last night.
We say it all too much,
WHAT IS OUR WORLD COMING TO?"
There is no answer to that.
This morning, listening to all that happened
I realize there is no way anyone could
have seen this coming.
I feel a coward died last night.
To kill himself, where we have no way to know
why? Why? WHY? 
Our world is so full of evil, we need more
praying, more God in this world we live in.
I think of my three little grand daughters,
what will their world be like?
How frustrated they will be as they grow up and
their parents have to say no to things they want to
do just to protect them from things unseen.
I can't even imagine my grand babies being teens,
going to movie theater with a group of friends
and their lives are changed forever.
I shutter just to think of it.
Dear God, help us all....

1 comment: