Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

LILBIT ABOUT MY POKENO FRIENDS

ME AND MOM AT POKENO XMAS PARTY 2007
POKENO FRIENDS IN 2007

June is my month to host pokeno for this group
that has been together for 15 years.
I was one of the original players and through
the last 15 years he have had many changes of
players but the group stays sound in
our commitment to keeping this group going.
Yesterday everyone gathered at my house
for our monthly game and, as usual,
we had such a good time.
I looked around my little kitchen/dining room
and remembered all we have been through;
CHILDREN PROBLEMS
MARRIAGE PROBLEMS
DEATH OF SPOUSES
SERIOUS ILLNESSES OF CHILDREN
MARRIAGES
DIVORCES
EMPTY NEST SYNDROME
OLD AGE
ILLNESSES
DEATH
Yet, every month we congregate at someones home
to play our game but mostly for fellowship,
friendship...
We've discussed so much in our homes
and yes, we have even gossiped (can you believe that)
but there is something that is sacred in our group:
the love that is shared between us 12 women
that cannot be broken.
For me it is nothing about the game of Pokeno.
Often I tell the gang, I hate the game
I keep coming back for the food
and the friendship...
Yes, and for the extra time it
gives me with my mumsie
who also plays Pokeno in my group.
No matter how old you are, everyone needs
friends, and this group has solved many problems
over the years.
So Kudos to the person who
made up the game of Pokeno
and for all the people and friends
I've met over the last 15 years.

2 comments:

  1. Friendship is a valuable gift and family is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Friends...I hated to only have one comment on this blog. It's awesome that many of you have been together for 15 years...kuddos!!
    Love ya,
    C

    ReplyDelete