Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

another WHAT?????

So, While we are going on with our days,
trying to find the best in all our days,
I stumble across this news article in the STIR

So imagine your 11-year-old daughter has stomach pains. You and your boyfriend decide to take her to the hospital. After some tests, the cause of the stomach pain is revealed: Your 11-year-old daughter doesn't have the flu nor food poisoning. Nope. She's pregnant. So, just as you're trying to adjust to this astounding news, your 42-year-old boyfriend asks for the keys to the car so he can run an errand. And he never returns. This story gets much, much, much worse before it's over.
When it turns out your 11-year-old daughter is pregnant and your middle-aged boyfriend suddenly disappears, it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. But then the boyfriend saves you the trouble by calling you and apologizing for knocking up your 11-year-old kid.
And it gets worse. The man, Gregory Johns, then robs a couple at knife-point. There, he reportedly leaves a note also apologizing to the 11-year-old girl for sexually assaulting her.
And it gets worse. Then the guy breaks into the home of an elderly woman, and allegedly gags her and ties her up for 12 hours. He also calls his girlfriend and tells her that the cops will have to kill him before he goes back to jail. Oh yes, did I mention? He'd been in jail 10 times already -- on charges ranging from aggravated assault to armed robbery.
Eventually, the dude holes up in a hotel in Florida, where the cops find him. He reportedly comes out of the bathroom with a knife in hand, threatens the police, and they fatally shoot him.
While we're all pondering why this mother let her 11-year-old girl around her criminal boyfriend (because this is no doubt what everyone will focus on), let's consider some other facts: We now reportedly have an 11-year-old girl impregnated by her mother's dead middle-aged boyfriendWho is going to say this is a blessing? 
I hope the mother does what is right for this little girl for a change and that does not include forcing her to have her dead criminal boyfriend's baby
I am a fond believer in ProLife.
I have said in the past, that even if the mother's life is in danger
the baby has a right to life.
Then I read a story such as this and I wonder....
am I really PROLIFE?
How can an 11 year old deal with the trauma of first, being raped
then, being a momma.
Even if the baby is given up for adoption, this 11 year old's life is not good.
Shoot, this would be like Cami or My Nee' having a baby
and just the thought of that makes me want to loose my breakfast.
I like my rose colored glasses, where I can pretend that things like this do not happen.
Some of the kids in our family are going through a rough time in their life
but even what they are going through is peanuts compared to this horror story.
Again, there are those who will blame the mother...
I don't know, maybe some blame needs to be put there but hey,
she is going through enough here I am sure.
The facts are that whether we pretend things like this do not happen,
we all know they do. Ignoring that it does is not going to go away.
Seems like the more I pray, the more I find to pray for.
this story is just tragic...
nothing else to call it but tragic and then there is the one thing
that cannot be overlooked.
there is the womb of this 11 year old child is a little life
struggling to be born. 
Hoping that it has a chance at life because it is innocent
and did nothing right or wrong.
Just exists, separating cells, having a hearbeat...
Oh, there are no easy answers here.
As a Mother, I guess I would be looked upon as the Mother who
is crazy to allow her 11 year old child to have a baby.
Yet, after explaining all to my child,
I would probably still try and get her to have the child.
Call me crazy but i guess I am really ProLife.

6 comments:

  1. Holy Shit, that's intense......I think, for now, I'm just going to continue with my rose colored glasses bc I don't even want to begin what in the world I would do if that was my lovebug,jilly bean. This is so sad! Poor babIES!
    Kd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FEEL A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT EMOTIONS.....I TOO, MUST BE PRO LIFE BECAUSE I THINK THAT THIS CHILD HAS A LOT TO GO THROUGH BUT ADDING THE GUILT THAT WOULD COME, LATER ON, FROM HAVING AN ABORTION IS NOT SOMETHING I'D ADD TO THAT CHILD'S PAIN.

    HOPEFULLY THIS MOTHER HAS GOD IN HER LIFE AND HAS INTRODUCED GOD TO THIS CHILD. FOR, WITHOUT GOD, I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE'LL SURVIVE!!

    LOVE AND KISSES,
    TIFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally do not comment on things I read on line, but after reading what is posted here, I have to comment. I am pro-life myself, but who in their right mind would put their child through this. She has suffered enough and should not have to lose anymore of her childhood by having a child. There are too many children having children in this world and most of them drop out of school and then live on the state. That's not a good future for them or their children.

    I think people who cannot see that does not live in the real world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and yet, anonymouse of last post, the guilt this poor little girl may have in her future is she aborts is something that has to be considered also. I partially agree with all you say, and then I think no solution is going to be goos for this poor innocent child... ugh, it's just a sad, terrible story all the way around! Thanks for deciding to have my blog be the one you rarely post on, i apprectiate your input and am honored you read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say get a abortion, no kid should have to raise a kid at that age. I also believe if someone is raped get a abortion. This is insane to make a little girl have a kid. Thats my opinion, also if my wife got raped I would recommend the morning after pill. I would not want to raise the seed of a rapist.

    ReplyDelete