Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Complaining 101

COMPLAIN=TO MAKE FORMAL ACCUSATIONS OR CHARGE,
TO EXPRESS GRIEF, PAIN OR DISCONTENT
Yes, the storm is over and many are still without electricity.
It is easy for me to sit here in my home with A/C to 
say people who complain to the power company are really ridiculous.
But I  know even if I didn't have power or a generator,
I would probably be complaining about the heat and my miserable
uncomfortableness to my HOBL but I would not be blaming
the poor workers who have been working crazy hours, nonstop
in the heat to get the power back on for the people of the bayou towns.
I guess I am fired up about this because of posts on FB explaining
how so many are actually complaining to the workers themselves
who are in the neighborhoods to get the power on.
Lets not forget that most of these individuals are probably hotter than us
working in the brutal heat of Louisiana, leaving their own 
families in the heat of their homes who also may not have power.
Some have suggested, instead of complaining to them if they are 
in your area, bring them water, bring them a snack,
tell them they understand the hours they have worked away from
their families. My Daddy used to say to me when I complained,
"If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."
Wise words as we await the comfort of electricity to all people in our areas.

3 comments:

  1. The workers are working very hard for us. They give up a lot. The workers on the garbage trucks are also working hard to clean up in this heat.
    A lot of people complain because they are ignorant. They don't get the facts before they open their mouth and they don't appreciate what others do for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are they ignorant, they always want the Goverment to bail them out. Thats what they make insurance for. I wonder how many people are going get food stamps that don't diserve it. Those complaining about power can go invest in a generator then they won't have to cry about power. Some Americans are spoiled and don't save, I don't feel sorry for them bastards and I wouldn't give them shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really upset when I heard someone at work complain!!! Ignorant is the word I used!! They know what they are doing and are doing it to the very best of their ability!!!! I wish I'd have had time to bake something or just drive around and give them cold, cold water!!!!! Tedi and I used to do that when we lived in the other house. Working, I didn't have time this time!! ;-(

    ReplyDelete