Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

overheard at CVS

The beautiful weather this morning had everyone probably
wanting to be outside.
For some little kiddies, it may have even been cold.
Such was the case of a little girl at CVS .
She was walking along her daddy, who seemed frantically looking for
something. 
The child of about 4 said to her daddy,
"Daddy, you are so warm, you the warmest person I know"
"Thank you , baby, that's nice."
"Daddy, I am really cold and I know if you hold me
your warm body is going to make me feel better."
"I can't hold you right now, sweetie."
Then I think he probably looked in his little girls face,
saw her little arms all folded up, and he changed his mind.
I was in front of them in the aisle when he couldn't resist
picking her up. He didn't hold her long as by the
time I turned the aisle, they were coming up the same one.
He put her down and I overheard her say,
"Thanks Daddy, I am not cold anymore because of your warm body."
Not sure why sometimes small things like this choke me up.
I thought of Baby Boy and his own little girl.
I hope she looks at him in the same way, 
thinking there is nothing he can't fix.
I hope for him, she speaks these type of words to him
but mostly I hope that when a moment like this happens,
he doesn't just blow it off, but remembers how 
special that small moment is.
That he takes her in his arms and she feels the protection
of a daddy who loves her more than life itself.

2 comments:

  1. Roddie is an awesome Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That he is!!! Bean is a very lucky little girl, the best Mommy and Daddy ever!

    ReplyDelete