Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NO WORDS, no words....

I am going to try, really hard to put some words together here
to explain what yesterday meant to me.
It is going to be hard but I am going to try to give it justice.
When my Mommy was sick, we talked about a lot.
Some I shared with many, some I kept personal between us.
I have always been one not afraid to talk about the "deep stuff"
so it should be no surprise that Mommy and I talked about
death, we talked about life. I asked her is she could change
anything about her wonderful life what would it be?
She shared that even though she and Daddy spent some time
with family and friends, she would have done more of that.
She would have visited more rather than just talking about it.
She would have slept over at people's homes, kept in touch
with those she cared for.
I have said before here, I made her a promise that I would do just that.
I have always tried really hard to be important in the lives of 
the children in our family and to close friends and besties.
I promised Mommy that I would do more of that.
Yesterday, a few of my many friends made the trip to Plaquemine
to visit me, to see the house but mostly to visit with me.
The fact that they all had to go to work tomorrow 
had me feel very special.
Patricia, Amanda, Mel....
and then the kiddies,
Elisse, Emily, Cameron, Taylor and last but not least,
My dear, sweet, Nee Nee, who is here spending time with her Nannie
made for a beautiful and emotional day for me.
We did some old fashioned, "Make the VEy Yay"
( Cajun french slang for talking)
We caught up on all the happenings in our life
as well as heart talks. We spoke of relationships of teens,
of next school year, of the happenings of our other TES families,
I was able to share my heart about the loss of my Mommy...
the changes in my life since moving to Plaquemine.
They let me brag and go on and on about my sweet Bean
and never looked bored.
just such a touching day for me.
We then all went to Guidry's here in town to 
have a wonderful, long and relaxed lunch.
It was perfect, ending with a piece of bread pudding with
a candle in it, the famous Happy Birthday song
and I , of course, sang along.
From there we all separated with many hugs and kisses,
promises of more visits many "I love you"
I wanted to cry because I was just so filled with happiness.
I held it together and we all drove away.
Sweet Nee and I then went to movies.
When I returned home I realized that not only had they
brought me a most beautiful flowering plant but a card.
I had overlooked the card with love notes and signed by each of them.
More than that, the words of the card, just got me.
I then did tear up and let some of my overflowing love out:
HAPPY IS A WORD THAT COMES TO MIND
WHEN THINKING OF YOU.
HAPPY BECAUSE THAT'S THE KIND 
OF POSITIVE AND CHEERFUL PERSON
EVERYONE SEES IN YOU.
HAPPY BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU MAKE
OTHER PEOPLE FEEL.
HAPPY BECAUSE OF THE SMILES YOU INSPIRE. ALWAYS.
HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF HAPPY TODAY
AND IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW IT'S YOU.
I try so hard to make others feel special in my life.
Sometimes it gets hard and I don't think I am doing a very good
job of it. This card reminds me that to some, I am doing it.
Again, thanks to you all...
Now hoping from a visit from the besties soon!

 "My Mel"
 Elisse, taytay, amanda
 my sweet Nee
 C, Patricia, Emily
 Amanda and her love, Taylor (tay-tay)
 Patricia and her baby girl, Emily
 Some are embarrassed having birthday wishes in an establishment....
not me!
Sweet, Tay Tay.... such a cutie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment