Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Baptisms bring families together

Sweet Jolee was baptized yesterday.
I know I have a blog name for her somewhere but I can't
remember it right now, so she is Jolee today.
of course, I could write a whole blog about 
this wonderful day but I am going to sideswipe
that for another day because I have 
something else I want to share.
On Thursday I was In Thib.
Needed a haircut and visit with my dear young
friend, Katie, the neighbor.
I also wanted to visit the Plaisance nieces and nephews,
but my time was running out because I had to be back 
home for a meeting at 7. 
I texted the niece, Rebecca and explained was going to 
have to back out on the visit I had planned.
she says its okay but Hugh, her oldest, needed to talk to me.
She added that he would just call me later.
Nope, not gunna happen. When a niece or nephew need
their Auntie Lil, that comes first. I tell her no worries, I am coming.
figured even if I was a little late for the meeting,
I have to be there for Hughsky Doo.
I walk in and am blessed with many hugs and kisses from
every one of the 4 Plaisance kiddo's. that is enough in itself.
Yet I am on a time frame and the clock is "a-tickin"
finally as the Husky Doo makes him an afternoon cup of Java
he asks,
"Aunt Lil, would you be my confirmation sponsor?"

Insert tears here. There is nothing I need more, right now
than to be reminded of my own confirmation vows,
to not only be witness but stand beside a great nephew who
I have loved from the very first time I laid eyes on him,
and witness such an important part of his life.
I am honored and touched and I am not really sure
if he even knows just how much I have needed this.
I leave with big hugs, tears in my eyes and a big, big
smile on my face.
Then I am honored by so many of my family members 
coming out to celebrate with us, Jolee's baptism.
It is almost a two hour drive for most of my siblings,
and yet, they are here. I have always been one
easy with the tears, this has me realizing just how 
blessed I truly am. They may not see the world in the way
I do, they may not understand the things I do to assure my 
happiness, but they are there and love me unconditionally.
My niece Rebecca and her two girls spend the night.
I am so glad for this because my night will consist of
sitting with Bean and Jolee at their home.
Bean and Ellen, Rebecca's youngest keep each other 
entertained for most of the night.
It is the relationship I see between my Lucy and Jolee
that has me mesmerized. When did our Lucy begin to 
become a young woman??/
Lucy as a baby, as a child, she always had a big sense
of who she was. She always knew she could achieve all
she touched, yet her immaturity of her years had her
not being able to say those things she felt so she seemed maybe
a tad cocky to those who did not know her as we did.
She also could be a tad bossy at that age and we laughed about it
because we all knew once this child grew into her own,
she would be phenomenal. This has happened.
Our Lucy is now 13 years old. She remains smart and beautiful,
with a high self esteem that no longer looks like cockiness to others.
This child is becoming her MOther in more ways than one.
we spent that night together with the little girls and baby Jolee
and she did everything for Jolee. Rocked her, helped bathe her,
fed her. spoke of how she wants to babysit, how she loves 
babies. Okay, if you looking for a babysitter, add this child
to your list. She can do it. She spoke of wanting to take
 babysitting classes but unfortunately they are not easy 
to find and the one she was in was cancelled because
there was not enough in the class. I will find this girl 
a babysitting class because she deserves that.
It is not only watching her with Jolee but it was the little things
she didn't even know I was watching. her little sister, ellen is 
the definite baby of the family. I watched Lucy at different times
of the day without prompting from her Mommy, she 
reaches over a few times, I can see it in my rear view mirror,
she checks her sisters seat belt. she lays her head on her shoulder,
she kisses her forehead for no reason only except to do it.
She is her sisters mentor, always watching out for her.
I love this child and all she is becoming.
I hear her conversations with her Mother.
Unlike most teens her age, she does not contradict her Mothers 
words but listens and tells her version without condemning her 
Mothers version of a story. She is the type of teenager you 
not only mind having around but you want her there.
My niece Rebecca and her hubby Mikie are wonderful parents,
it shows in their children. Yet, I also know that who they are 
are not all about how they are raised but who they are individually.
Now that the children are heading to the teen years, I know 
they have worries. I want to say, they will fall, they will make
mistakes, they will not be perfect but they are special children
and are blessings to us all.
Hugh I am so proud of not only how close we have remained,
always having a kiss and hug for me, even though you are 
a full fledged teen. You think of me as being one who has your back
and that means a lot to me. I will proudly see you through your 
confirmation and all those other things you may need me for.
Lucy, I am so, so proud of you. Sometimes I look at you and things
you do, and I see you Mommy at that age, She and I have always had
a special bond and I see you and I having that also.
I am so very proud of the person you are becoming and the love
you have for your family. Don't let anything in this crazy world stray
you from the things that are important, family.
I have not spoken much of Owen and Ellen because this post is
about the older ones, believe me I could write another book just of them.
I love you all.
So thankful for the baptism day of Jolee Claire so I can share
so much of my life with you, my followers.

1 comment:

  1. HEY LIL GREAT BLOG I ESPECELY THINK OF LUCY A LOT AND HOW SHE HAS CHANGED TO THE WONDERFUL LADY SHE IS NOW THERE WAS A TIME WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER WHEN SHE WOULD NOT TALK TO ME BUT THAT WAS OK SHE WAS LUCY AND ONE DAY ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE NOT ONLY TALKED TO ME BUT HUGED ME AND KISSED ME AND I KNEW THEN LUCY HAS GROUND UP TO THE BEAUTIFUL LUCY YOU TALKED OF IN YOUR BLOG LOVE MONE

    ReplyDelete