Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maw goose Passed and the celebration was fantastic!

I walked in for the funeral a tad late. Glad it 
wasn't any later as I may have missed it.
I love a Baptist funeral. There is no waste of time and
the funeral is all about the loved one who has passed.
The music was beautiful and there was one song that
just touched me and I knew I wanted to share it here.
I had never heard it before but it said so much of what I think
when saying goodbye to someone I love so.
thankfully, Adrianne, Maw's granddaughter had posted
a portion of the Mercy Me song on her Facebook wall:
Adrianne Duet
"You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home"

So beautiful and only one of the most beautiful songs 
sang. It began to rain as it was time to lay her casket
in its final resting place. that is not stop us all from being there.
A bagpipe was played by a family friend,
AMAZING GRACE
I had never hear a bagpipe so close nor played
like this young girl played.
After we were all invited to the church community center.
So many memories I have in this building.
When Baby boy and Scott, Sue and Foe's son 
became best friends at 3 years old for many years,
we were fortunate to spend so many of Scott's birthday parties 
there. there was a huge gym so there was skating, eating,
basketball playing, Pool tables, my kids loved it there.
Many times gypsy baby also practiced biddy ball there
for All Stars. Lots of memories and so many people had
prepared food for the celebration after. I love mingling
with so many I knew and others I didn't.
Ma Gus would have loved her party.
I am so honored that the family thinks of me as family.
I am a distant cousin and over many years,
I and this family spent much time together,
but I did not expect to he handed a red rose from
the casket bouquet that was being handed to the family
members. I cried then. That they think of me as family.
There is one thing I will always, always be thankful for,
that I took that Saturday to spend with Ma Gus and
"My family".
Now the hard part, My dear Godson, Rick,
leaves tomorrow to go back to the Navy.
He keeps reassuring us that he is in a safe place and
not to believe what we hear on the news,
but having him here the last two weeks has been 
wonderful and him leaving tomorrow will be almost
as hard as laying Maw Gus down to her final resting place.
We know our Rick is coming back to us.
I am so darn proud of this child, especially because
he calls me Nannie.
I joke with those who love him that he can drive me crazy
sometimes, and as a child he truly did, but there is 
something special about Rick, he never gives up on
anyone he loves. I told those who would listen that I have no
doubt when it is me in the bed Maw Gus laid in as she died,
that my children will be on one side, and my only Godson
(I have 5 goddaughters but he is my only Godson)
will be on the other side of my death bed.
It is who he is, much like his Mom when it comes to 
caring for elderly and the sick.
I love my Rick, safe travels my dear one.
 His mom
his godmom

No comments:

Post a Comment