Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

ABBY CLAIRE DUPIERRE
I found out yesterday that Abby won
over-all achiever in 4-H for the year.
This is a big achievement since it was overall of
all the elementary and middle school students
and she is only a 4th grader!!!!!
So I thought now would be a good time
to share on what I know and believe to be true about
Abby Claire...
When Abby was younger, we lived in the same street 
and we spent a lot of time together.
She was the only one out of the little ones
who I could let come in my playroom where
I built dollhouses because she understood
gentle and understood at a very young age
what delicate meant. She'd come up there with 
me and we would talk about all kinds of things
some of it I didn't understand and most of it I did.
After a while, I understood all of Abby language.
Her Daddy, my nephew, Guy has been such a good
Daddy to her and opened her life to all kinds of things.
Like if Abby asked, how does a carrot grow, instead of
telling her, they would clean a row to plant, 
and plant and nurture that carrot until it grew.
He did this with all things. I know many times
this must have driven Lisa crazy because Guy
wasn't the type to clean up after himself, just the teaching
part for Abby.
The good part about Lisa is that she always allowed it
and because of their wonderful parenting, Abby is the
most well-rounded, modest child and it is
why she has achieved this 4-H honor at such a young age.
She is modest, will never brag about herself.
When I saw her at a birthday party yesterday
she gave me big hugs and kisses and moved on
to play and nurture the little kids 
never mentioning her award. Her Mom
had to tell me about it. This she gets from
her Dad.....
She is the one out of all the little ones
who reminds me the most of Jesi as
a younger girl.
They are comfortable in their own skin
and really do not care who likes that skin
or not. They feel if you have a problem
with them then it is you own problem
and they don't have time for you.
What an honor it is to call 
ABBY CLAIRE DUPIERRE
my niece.

10 comments:

  1. Omg...I did not know about the 4H award!! I am so proud of her.....both Guy and Lisa are WONDERFUL parents!! They are raising one WONDERFUL, POLITE, AND LOVEING CHILD!!

    LOVE YOU ALL,
    TIFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU WROTE ABOUT ABBY. I ALWAYS LOVE TO HAVE HER AROUND AND KINDA SAD BECAUSE WE DON'T SEE HER ENOUGH. LIKE I TOLD YOU IN MY EMAIL, ABBY, WE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

    LOVE U
    AUNT RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONCRADULAIONS,Abby.
    Chances are you don't know me becausr I have not seen you sense you were about oh about 3 years old. But you may have heard of me. Im Uncle Peter. Winning Over-Achiever All Achiever in 4-H is a big achievement. You should be very proud as I'm sure your parents are. And so am I.
    But I do have a question for you. What did you do to win this award? What did you take part in? Did you raise an animal, have a special project, write some sort of paper or bring the teacher an apple,Ha,Ha. Tell me how you did this.
    I'll be waiting to here from you.
    Love You, Later,
    Uncle Peter

    Guy and Lisa, also CONGRADULATIONS. Both of you seem to be doing one great job of raiseing ya'lls daughter.
    Guy I wish I would have known you were going to be at Mintas shower. I would have stayed to visit and talk to you. After locking my keys in the car at Fourchon by the time I got back we were running late. We wanted to stop in Thibodeaux to visit Mommie. Maybe we will see you at Roddie and Katies wedding.
    LUV-U-ALL
    Uncle Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lilly,
    You are doing some really GREAT blogs. I'm enjoying then very much. Keep up the good work.
    Later,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my favorite thing about Abby is her humor. I love to be around Abby when she is with her "MaMo", our sister, Simone. Y'all know how MaMo can be sometimes, she'll say something and the statement leaves you scratching your head in question, wondering, "What in the heck is she talking about???". Well, Abby has a lovely way of correcting her or getting to the bottom of what she means and it is so funny. Abby, your facial expressions are hilarious and you remind me so much of your Dad, however, you get your beautiful looks from your Mother. For Minta's Baby Shower, I commented to your Mother about how much I loved your hair ribbon and then found out that you changed out of a really cute skirt to put on shorts..hehehe. Yes, in that way, I do think of your cousin, Jesi, the Amazon Woman. And oh, how "MaMo" loves her Abby. When I call MaMo and she can actually figure out how to answer her phone (:-)), she goes on and on about how smart you are for her age and often wonders how you know so much. We both agree that it didn't come from her...LOL...just kidding!!

    Congratulations, again, Sweetie Pie, on your achievements. I'm so looking forward to what your future holds because I know that once you put your mind to something, you don't stop until is is successfully complete!! Stay strong and headfast and you'll most definitely go places; I'm so proud of you, Abby!!

    All my love,
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for all of your loving comments. You made my day! I hope to see ya'll soon - oh, I will see you at Roddie & Katie's wedding. :) Uncle Peter, I am not sure exactly what I did to win the award but I completed all of my projects, posters, record books, and brought my hedgehog for showing. Oh - my Pop and I saved a boy in the bayou right after the hurricane. I was in the 4-H Clover News; they probably took that into account too! Thank you all for the awesome comments. I love you!!! Love, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD GOD ABBY, If you did all those wonderful things for 4-H and plus you helped save some ones life, well I now know why and how you received such a deserving award. Hec, they should have given you a free trip to Daisney World with all that. Keep up the good work and I promise one day it will all be more then worth it.

    I have another question for you Abby. Do you do your own typing or does your Mom help you ?? It really doesn't matter but I would like to know if youreally can type ??

    I want to also invite you to continue writting to us. We can get to know each other better by us talking to each other. And I would really like to know you better.

    Again keep up the great work and I hope tohear from you some more real soon.

    LUV-U-ALL
    Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I tell y'all how much I love my Brother, today???? Pete, you keep up the good work as it is so heartwarming for you to be involved in this project. Way to go, Lil...who thought that this would bring us all together as such; it's so awesome!! I know that you're counting down the days until the "BIG DAY" and just know that we're all with you and looking forward to spending time together next weekend...OMG, is it REALLY next weekend????

    Abby...you're the official 'BOMB' today, BabyDoll!! Keep up the good work, we're so proud of you. I love your eyes in this picture; you're so beautiful!!

    Love,
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes the wedding is fast approaching and my biggest fear is that the time will pass so fast and I won't be able to spend as much time as I want with you guys.
    It's why I am excited that some of you are staying at the hotel.
    good news, roddie and Katie's cruise is not cancelled due to the swine flu epidemic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry about us, Sista..you're gonna have your hands full, but we'll be there to catch your overflow..

    Love you,
    C

    ReplyDelete