Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

MY BABY BOY IS GETTING MARRIED!!!


Oh where has the time gone?
Roddie will be married in less than 4 short weeks
to the most wonderful girl for him.
I love Katie and could not have chosen 
a better wife for him.
Yet I am filled with memories of this precious little
boy and wondering, how did all of this happen
so fast?
Both Rod and Jesi are very special to me yet there
is a bond between a mother and her son
that is just unexplainable.
Especially for me, he is the first child of two
I was never supposed to have.
He is the child that came to me at a time when
I thought my marriage was over.
Once I found out I was pregnant, I was so confused.
What was I supposed to do now?
It was one thing to leave a marriage when it
was just me but how could I do this to a child?
Hubby, Ron was a drug user and I just didn't know what to do.
This baby became my reason for going on in this 
life I had created.
He was the child I slept with, who heard all my heartaches,
who couldn't repeat my secrets yet because he couldn't talk.
All my decisions were now based on what was best for him
Ron must have felt the same way, it was because of
this child that he sought treatment and has been sober since.
He was the miracle of our marriage and for a long time
I believed God sent him so we could find our way in this world.
Now I know the truth.
Our journey was never about Ron and I, it was always about
the child God had sent us.
God knew that this precious angel would be born with 
the genetic make-up of an addict.
Ron's drug addiction was never about us,
it was always about Roddie.
God prepared us and gave us everything we would
need to save this child's life.
Here he is, 5 years sober,
a wonderful man, soon to be a husband.
I am so, so proud to be his moma.
Proud to have been able to release him into this
world as a productive citizen.
Proud to have him be Katie's husband.
I love my baby boy even as a man.
A man to the world, always a momma's
boy in my heart!

7 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! I get to bring up the "Gifts" for my so very handsome Godchild and his beautiful Bride. You'll never know just how special you are to me.
    All my love to Roddie & Katie!!
    Nannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have a good time!!! I know that I will cry, too. I will reminise on all the crazy times I took care of both of those RUGRATS!!! I love both Rod and Jesi as if they were my own, and can't wait to see the have children of their own.
    Love,
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cry,Cry,Cry,what I should fell sorry for you or what???? (LOL) I think as hard as it might be and you heard this before, "your not looseing a son, you are gaining a daughter."
    I loss both my daughters to two very fine men whom I respect and love very much. Both of them now call me "Poppa" and I call both of them "Son" it's great.
    Your going to love having another daughter and best part, you don't have to raise her, she's already an adult. And the grand children that come from this sssssshh you just send them home after you have spoiled them to death and they have to deal with it.
    LUV
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete...I'm so proud of you and your family!!!
    Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lil, You and Roddy have the same exact beautiful blue eyes. I never realized it before until ya'll were so close together in this picture. Yea, you sure are a lucky Momma to have gained your son back. But, I know it wasn't all Luck. Can't wait for the wedding. Melissa is still "thinking about it" whether Cammi will be able to come with me to the wedding. In any event, I will be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!!!!!!
    Love both you two cuties
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roddie is a truly wonderful young man with true empathy for others. We are so proud of him. We can't wait to see him & Katie declare their vows to love one another forever! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the most wonderful gift in the mail yesterday...a card from Roddie...

    "The Great Outdoors" was no trouble for me, Rod, I am proud and honored to be your Nannie and would do it all over again...(Just give me a little time to recover from this one, Okay..hehehe. ;-))

    We're all counting down the days now until you and Katie's Big Day. Looking forward to being a part of the festivities; thanks again to you and Katie!!

    All my love,
    Nannie

    ReplyDelete