Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I sit here this morning in the peace of my living room.
The lil girls are gone, it was nice to have my bed to myself
but this morning i kinda misses them awakening and giving
me big morning kisses.
As I sit here in the quiet I think about how blessed my life is.
I need to thank Ron. He has always worked so hard to
give us what we need. Because of both of our hard work
we have this beautiful but modest home that belongs to us.
I have 4 days off to do what I want, I can play all day with scrapbooking
or paper quilling or just lounging. There were many days
when we were young and I complained because I didn't
have time for myself or money to do anything.
Ron (hubby) would tell me that my time would come.
That there would be money and time to do what I wanted.
At the time, raising kids I thought it would never happen.
Ron kept promising, if we lived frugal when we were young,
as we got older things would be better.
He was right. Today I sit here in the quiet of the home he
has provided us and it is my day to do what I please.
His promises have come true. I don't want a castle, I don't want
millions of dollars, I want just what I have here:
Peace to be who I want, do what I want without worry.
Time to be with my Mom in her old age, take her where she
needs to go, time with my sisters and nieces and nephews and
their children.
Not often enough do I say thanks to the man I married 25 years ago.
I would not trade this life for anyone else's.
not now, not ever.
lil 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to comment how proud I have always been of you and Ronnie and the dedication you have had in raising your family. I think you and Ronnie need a big "pat on the back" and an "attaboy".
    Love you all,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete